- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- historic charm
- in the center of town
- some rooms have so-so views
Check Rates from our Partners
This delightful hotel has overlooked the medieval town square for more than 400 years. Rooms are furnished with country charm, from the rich, dark-wood pieces to the floral fabrics covering chairs, curtains, and beds. The best rooms have balconies and overlook the spectacular castle ruins. Other rooms face the town square and are not worth the price. The hotel also hosts gatherings, from wine tastings in its 12th-century wine cellar to medieval-style feasts on the weekend.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
I may visit the Tatras mountain area in July, with teenagers who may not be in top condition. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more