- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- historic charm
- in the center of town
- some rooms have so-so views
Check Rates from our Partners
This delightful hotel has overlooked the medieval town square for more than 400 years. Rooms are furnished with country charm, from the rich, dark-wood pieces to the floral fabrics covering chairs, curtains, and beds. The best rooms have balconies and overlook the spectacular castle ruins. Other rooms face the town square and are not worth the price. The hotel also hosts gatherings, from wine tastings in its 12th-century wine cellar to medieval-style feasts on the weekend.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more