- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Founded in 1819 and named for Spain's Queen Isabella, this small, whitewashed town on the northwestern tip of the island skirts tall cliffs that overlook the rocky shoreline. Locals have long known of the area's natural beauty, and lately more offshore tourists have begun coming to this niche, which offers secluded hotels, sprawling golf courses, fantastic beaches, excellent surf, and, just inland, hiking through one of the island's forest reserves.
Isabela at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's