Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Le Cap Horn
Le Cap Horn Review
As Piaf and Aznavour compete with croaking tree frogs in a trellised, plant-filled room lighted by straw lamps, it's easy to imagine yourself in a tropical St. Tropez. Begin with escargots in tomato, onion, and pepper sauce (sop it up with the marvelous home-baked bread) or the ultimate in hedonism (and expense), lobster–foie gras millefeuille; then segue into tiger shrimp swimming in gossamer vanilla-lobster sauce or duck breast wrapped with mango in rice sheet floating in rum-tamarind sauce. Or cook your own seafood and/or beef on a hot volcanic stone at your table. Gustavo Belaunde (he's Peruvian of Catalan extraction) elicits delicate, almost ethereal flavors from his ingredients; his versatility is displayed in the restaurant's other half, a pizzeria replete with wood-burning oven (with much lower prices and rowdier ambience). Finish with wife Hélène's divine desserts or a cognac and cigar.
- Address: English Harbour
- Phone: 268/460–1194
- Location: Antigua and Barbuda
- Closed Aug., Sept., and Thurs. Closed Wed. in low season (May–July, Oct. and Nov.). No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
If there is one destination that needs to be added to your bucket list it is Jumby Bay. The welcome: An exuberant, smiling staff mem... Read more
Just started writing about great budget accommodation/places to go in Antigua and Barbuda, so check out http://budgetantigua.blogspot.c... Read more