- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Business travelers consider the Okura to be one of the best hotels in Asia. That judgment has to do with its polish, its human scale, its impeccable standards of service, and—to judge by Toh-Ka-Lin—its stellar restaurants. Black-and-gold square columns surround the dining room, a peaceful backdrop for the Cantonese food. The menu is broad enough for various tastes. Dishes are eclectic, but satisfying; two stellar examples are the Peking duck and the sautéed quail wrapped in lettuce leaf. The restaurant also has a not-too-expensive mid-afternoon meal ($$) of assorted dim sum and other delicacies—and one of the most extensive wine lists in town.
- Address: 6F Hotel Okura Main Bldg., 2–10–4 Tora-no-mon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001
- Phone: 03/3505–6068
- Website: www.hotelokura.co.jp/tokyo/en/restaurant/list/tohkalin
- Subway: Hibiya subway line, Kamiya-cho Station (Exit 4B); Ginza subway line, Tora-no-mon Station (Exit 3).
- Location: Akasaka
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'll go to Japan on 6 May and arrive in Narita around 7PM. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more