- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Business travelers consider the Okura to be one of the best hotels in Asia. That judgment has to do with its polish, its human scale, its impeccable standards of service, and—to judge by Toh-Ka-Lin—its stellar restaurants. Black-and-gold square columns surround the dining room, a peaceful backdrop for the Cantonese food. The menu is broad enough for various tastes. Dishes are eclectic, but satisfying; two stellar examples are the Peking duck and the sautéed quail wrapped in lettuce leaf. The restaurant also has a not-too-expensive mid-afternoon meal ($$) of assorted dim sum and other delicacies—and one of the most extensive wine lists in town.
- Address: 6F Hotel Okura Main Bldg., 2–10–4 Tora-no-mon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001
- Phone: 03/3505–6068
- Website: www.hotelokura.co.jp/tokyo/en/restaurant/list/tohkalin
- Subway: Hibiya subway line, Kamiya-cho Station (Exit 4B); Ginza subway line, Tora-no-mon Station (Exit 3).
- Location: Akasaka
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
This was our first trip to Japan. Read more
I have booked a hotel reservation thru WWW.HOTEL-REZ.COM in March this year.
However, when I try to change the booking, there was no contact available by telephone, email or any other way. No one answers Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more