- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
House of Dona Gracia Hotel and Museum
At a Glance
- good value
- unique lobby
- spacious rooms
- a long way to beach
- just the basic amenities
- few rooms have views
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
House of Dona Gracia Hotel and Museum Review
One of the key aspects of this staid hotel is the museum on the first floor, dedicated to the life of a 16th-century Portuguese "secret Jew" who, masking herself with a Christian persona, secretly funded synagogues and mikvahs all over Europe until she was betrayed by her sister and forced to move to Turkey. Shortly before her death, she convinced the Sultan to provide the Jews their own city-state in Tiberias, but her dream wasn't realized until 1948.
- Address: 3 Haprachim St., Tiberias, 14200
- Phone: 04/671–7176
- Location: Tiberias
- 65 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more