- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
House of Dona Gracia Hotel and Museum
At a Glance
- good value
- unique lobby
- spacious rooms
- a long way to beach
- just the basic amenities
- few rooms have views
Check Rates from our Partners
House of Dona Gracia Hotel and Museum Review
One of the key aspects of this staid hotel is the museum on the first floor, dedicated to the life of a 16th-century Portuguese "secret Jew" who, masking herself with a Christian persona, secretly funded synagogues and mikvahs all over Europe until she was betrayed by her sister and forced to move to Turkey. Shortly before her death, she convinced the Sultan to provide the Jews their own city-state in Tiberias, but her dream wasn't realized until 1948.
- Address: 3 Haprachim St., Tiberias, 14200
- Phone: 04/671–7176
- Location: Tiberias
- 65 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
How's the water and swimming in the Medi during late April along the beaches of Tel Aviv? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more