- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Owner-chef Moshe Basson, repeated winner of international couscous contests, has explored the kitchens and fields of older Jewish and Arab women to revive antique recipes and unfashionable ingredients. The result is a delicious and intriguing feast. Appetizers are all tasty, but try the figs stuffed with chicken breast in a tamarind sauce and the extraordinary stuffed mallow leaves (instead of conventional dolmades). Two exquisite mains include the traditional makhloubeh with chicken and rice, and the clay-baked lamb in pastry with okra. Finish with unusual desserts and herbal tea. If you're in the mood, ask Basson to share some of his culinary lore.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more