- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dark wood, atmospheric lighting, and jazzy background music enhance the sophisticated feel of this restaurant in the David Citadel Hotel. For starters, try the sirloin carpaccio or carmelized veal short ribs. Chef Oren Yerushlami's menu features slow-cooked lamb osso buco with Jerusalem artichoke purée, beef medallions with smoked duck breast, and pan-seared bream fillets with Kalamata olives. The lighter bar menu is also worth a look. The desserts are delicious. The service at this kosher dining room is informed and attentive.
- Address: David Citadel Hotel, 7 King David St., King David St., Jerusalem, 94101 | Map It
- Phone: 02/621–1111
- Website: www.scala-rest.com
- Location: Rehavia, Talbieh, King David Street, and Yemin Moshe
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Fri. and Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more