- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Instead of a selection of appetizers followed by a full main-course menu, Scala has created intriguing dishes in middle-size portions. For two people, the way to go is to choose three or four and share. Creations are not equally successful, but worth trying are the confit of tomatoes, seared artichoke and okra; stuffed vegetables with lamb and pine nuts; and the duck leg confit and lamb chops with garlic and rosemary. The bar menu is also worth a look. The chocolate desserts are delicious (but skip the nondairy ice cream). The service at this kosher hotel restaurant is informed and attentive. Dark wood, thoughtful lighting, and jazzy background music enhance the sophisticated atmosphere.
- Address: David Citadel Hotel, 7 King David St., King David St, Jerusalem, 94101 | Map It
- Phone: 02/621-1111
- Website: www.scala-rest.com
- Location: Rehavia, Talbieh, King David Street, and Yemin Moshe
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch. Closed Fri. and Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Dizengoff Sea Residence 3 Nts in May Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- May deal: Olympia Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Bell Boutique Fr $328+/Nt — $328 Expedia
- Book Leonardo Basel in May: Save 10% on this stay! — $193 Save with Expedia, $22/night less
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more