Fodor's Week in Travel: Call of the Wild
This week, we had a bad case of cabin fever and found some of the best ways for you to take your next vacation outside. In honor of Earth Day and National Park Week, we’ve compiled a host of different places for you to get out and enjoy the great outdoors—with a stroll through one of the world's most stunning city parks, you won't even have to leave the city to find a patch of greenery. But if you're looking for total escape, we have a line-up of far-flung locales to help you completely get away. Whatever you're looking for, grab your sunscreen and get ready to head out with Fodor's Week in Travel.
America's 10 Best State Parks
Though some of these names may not carry the same cachet as National Parks, America's state parks are some of the country's best-kept secrets. As home to some of the most stunning landscapes in the US, these gorgeous spaces will inspire you to plan your next trip to one of America's 10 best state parks.
10 Most Beautiful Hikes in the US
Sometimes it takes a little legwork to get to some of America's most beautiful spots, and these sometimes spooky, always spectacular trails are sure to give any adrenaline junkie a thrill. Get your blood pumping with one of the 10 most beautiful hikes in the U.S.
5 Reasons to Visit Phu Quoc, Vietnam
This small island off the southern coast of Cambodia is an undeveloped gem nestled in the Gulf of Thailand. For an affordable vacation that combines beautiful scenery, exquisite food, and local culture, look no further than this welcoming Vietnamese isle, and check out our 5 reasons to visit Phu Quoc, Vietnam for your next vacation.
World's 15 Most Beautiful City Parks
City dwellers need not look far to find a bit of natural respite in the middle of the concrete jungle. Enjoy the tranquility of these patches of urban greenery with a visit to one of the world's 15 most beautiful city parks.
10 Mouth-Watering Culinary Tours Around the World
Foodies and outdoor adventurers will find common ground with these cuisine-inspired tours that take travelers to some of the world's most beautiful destinations to sample the best fare in the region. Prepare to dine on the best global dishes (and earn your meals with a vigorous schedule) on one of these 10 mouth-watering culinary tours around the world.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $5499 -- 7-Night Luxury All-Incl. Mediterranean Cruise w/AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $79-$86 -- NYC Hotel near Times Square w/Wi-Fi, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $68 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $84 & up -- Weekends at D.C.-Area 4-Star Hotel incl. ParkingSheraton Tysons Hotel
- $439 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Oceanfront Getaway, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com