What to see in Brunei

Search

What to see in Brunei

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to see in Brunei

I realise that Brunei is not considered a very exciting option in terms of travelling within Asia, but I have the opportunity of going for free for about 5 days at the end of September (accompanying husband who is going for business).

We would be staying at the Empire Hotel, so would at least be living in the lap of luxury. Can anyone make suggestions of what to see whilst I am there or tours to go on.
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 01:41 PM

good luck getting any info! I'm headed to Malaysian Borneo in November and had brief thoughts about traveling along the coast through Brunei. I asked about it and got no responses. I do have the Lonely Planet book which includes Brunei, and about the only recommendation is to see the museum in the city, As you are staying at the Empire, I'd suggest that you enjoy being pampered.
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Shandy, I have never been there, but here is a site that might be helpful. It sounds as if there are plenty of activities, from museums to national parks to beaches to markets to indigenous villages, to keep you busy! I would jump at the chance to go there for free if I had the option!
http://www.centurytravelcentre.com/map_brunei.htm
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Tanuki, thank you for the website. I hadn't come across that one in my search. I am sure I will be able to fill in the days quite satisfactorily and, then of course, I could just lounge around at the Empire.

My husband was there about a month ago and I thought I have to try this out when he told me that the hotel employs 80 gardeners who cut the lawns with scythes so that guests don't have to put up with the noise of a lawnmower!
Old Aug 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM

I did a search on Yahoo ( which I think is way out the best ) and found quite a comprehensive site:

http://www.tourismbrunei.com/welcome.php

Seems to be plenty !!

also try

http://asia.yahoo.com/

They include a lot of regional Malaysia/Singapore/Thai websites, also add 'Bandar Seri Begawan' in search criteria and try that too.