Reload this Page >

Hotel help in Savilla and Toledo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:19 AM
kelley

My husband and I will be in Spain next May. Having already acquired accommodations in Granada, Ronda, Extremadura and Madrid, we are still left with finding hotels in Sevilla and Toledo. We have narrowed our hotel choices down to 3 hotels in Sevilla(prefer Santa Cruz area) and 2 hotels in Toledo(preferably withinin the city walls). We will be arriving by car to Sevilla and will use it on day drips. Easy access to a hotel and a parking garage are a must. We will be dropping the car off once we reach Toledo so parking is not an issue there. Your comments would be appreciated.<BR>Sevilla choices: Casas de la Juderia<BR> Hotel Becquer<BR> Donna Maria<BR>Toledo: Pintor El Greco<BR> Hostal De Cardenal(outside city wall)<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Kelley

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Vicky

Don't know the Pintor El Greco but we were at Hostal de Cardenal last month and really liked it. You are right, it is just outside the city wall. In fact it is almost IN the city wall. Because of that we kept driving by but didn't give up and finally found it. Lots of stairs but we were traveling light. Have a wonderful time.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 02:35 PM
neni

We were there last May and Casa de Las Juderias its so beautiful, we were in Alfonso XIII (also beautiful) but I think Las Juderias is so cute.<BR><BR>In Toledo we stayed in Parador Conde de ORgaz but its outside the city, overlooking Toledo (amazing), we had dinner at Hostal del Cardenal and I think its nice.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Maribel

kelley,<BR>From your list, I would choose the Hostal del Cardenal in Toledo and the Casas de la Juderia in Sevilla. Both have lots of character and are atmospheric and comfortable. Lots of nooks and crannies and Old World atmosphere.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Tina

I've stayed at the Hotel Becquer. The location is great, the staff is wonderful and the rooms are large for a european hotel. I highly recommend it. I have friends that have stayed at the Hotel Simon and also loved it.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:15 PM
Kelley

Thank you for the replies to my inquiry. We have called Casas de la Juderia and they have rooms available. They asked that we respond via fax or e-mail to reserve the room. I don't understand why we couldn't do it while we had them on the phone. Well, we have now sent 2 e-mails and a fax over the past 3 days with the required information . Still no word from Casa Juderia. Beginning to wonder if this is a sign we should not stay there. All the other hotels we have booked in Spain responded to us in a very timely fashion.<BR><BR>Kelley

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:20 PM
Kelley

Me again,<BR>Forgot to mention that we have reserved a room with terrace at the Hostal del Cardenal in Toledo. After reading all the favorable posts here we are truely looking forward to staying there.<BR>Kelley

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:42 PM
Maribel

Hi Kelley,<BR>I don't know why the Juderia didn't simply take your reservation with your c.c. number by phone then have you just fax or email to reconfirm. I also don't know why I can never connect to the group's web site:<BR>www.casasypalacios.com <BR>Has it disappeared?<BR>The Juderia doesn't seem to have its own web page, that I can find at least. A mystery. <BR>There used to be 3 members of the group, but I believe Casas del Rey de Baeza renovated and went off on its own. <BR><BR>Hope you enjoy the Cardenal!