Hi all. I have been reading all the great posts about Yellowstone and GTNP for days and still have some questions. We have planned a last minute trip out west from NY with our two boys, ages 9 and 12 for the last week of August. So far, I just have flights. We are not an outdoorsy family and usually take beach vacations but my husband and I really want to visit our national parks and have the boys experience nature in all of its glory. That being said, we want to take baby steps and keep the whining to a minimum and so mix the parks with some things we know they like- like pools and comfy beds! We have a total of ten days (not including travel days) and are flying into and out of Jackson. Based on friends' recommendations we will be staying at a Teton Village hotel for the bulk of the trip but want to spend at least 3 days in Yellowstone. All of the in park hotels are sold out (but I'm wary anyway given how rustic they seem) and so I am looking at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. Confusion has set in as I am unclear as to the best location for us for purposes of visiting Yellowstone, particularly the geysers, considering we will be driving to/from Teton Village for our Yellowstone leg. Should we just stay somewhere closer to the south entrance and therefore nearer to GT? All input and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Yellowstone and GTNP with city kids-last minute trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 4 Maine in latter half of September
- 5 Grand Marais?
- 6 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 7 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 8 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 9 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 10 Colorado trip
- 11 First visit in New Mexico
- 12 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 13 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 14 Cape cod and Acadia
- 15 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 16 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 17 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 18 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 19 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 20 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 21 Grand Teton in October
- 22 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 23 adams morgan - safety
- 24 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 25 Minneapolis-Where to stay?