Hi all. I have been reading all the great posts about Yellowstone and GTNP for days and still have some questions. We have planned a last minute trip out west from NY with our two boys, ages 9 and 12 for the last week of August. So far, I just have flights. We are not an outdoorsy family and usually take beach vacations but my husband and I really want to visit our national parks and have the boys experience nature in all of its glory. That being said, we want to take baby steps and keep the whining to a minimum and so mix the parks with some things we know they like- like pools and comfy beds! We have a total of ten days (not including travel days) and are flying into and out of Jackson. Based on friends' recommendations we will be staying at a Teton Village hotel for the bulk of the trip but want to spend at least 3 days in Yellowstone. All of the in park hotels are sold out (but I'm wary anyway given how rustic they seem) and so I am looking at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. Confusion has set in as I am unclear as to the best location for us for purposes of visiting Yellowstone, particularly the geysers, considering we will be driving to/from Teton Village for our Yellowstone leg. Should we just stay somewhere closer to the south entrance and therefore nearer to GT? All input and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Yellowstone and GTNP with city kids-last minute trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 3 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 4 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 5 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 6 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 9 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Berkshires in late October
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Seattle: Something Different?
- 14 California road trip
- 15 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 ONP help
- 18 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 19 Savanah Sojourn
- 20 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 21 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 22 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 23 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 24 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 25 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison