Hi all. I have been reading all the great posts about Yellowstone and GTNP for days and still have some questions. We have planned a last minute trip out west from NY with our two boys, ages 9 and 12 for the last week of August. So far, I just have flights. We are not an outdoorsy family and usually take beach vacations but my husband and I really want to visit our national parks and have the boys experience nature in all of its glory. That being said, we want to take baby steps and keep the whining to a minimum and so mix the parks with some things we know they like- like pools and comfy beds! We have a total of ten days (not including travel days) and are flying into and out of Jackson. Based on friends' recommendations we will be staying at a Teton Village hotel for the bulk of the trip but want to spend at least 3 days in Yellowstone. All of the in park hotels are sold out (but I'm wary anyway given how rustic they seem) and so I am looking at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. Confusion has set in as I am unclear as to the best location for us for purposes of visiting Yellowstone, particularly the geysers, considering we will be driving to/from Teton Village for our Yellowstone leg. Should we just stay somewhere closer to the south entrance and therefore nearer to GT? All input and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Yellowstone and GTNP with city kids-last minute trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work