Hi all. I have been reading all the great posts about Yellowstone and GTNP for days and still have some questions. We have planned a last minute trip out west from NY with our two boys, ages 9 and 12 for the last week of August. So far, I just have flights. We are not an outdoorsy family and usually take beach vacations but my husband and I really want to visit our national parks and have the boys experience nature in all of its glory. That being said, we want to take baby steps and keep the whining to a minimum and so mix the parks with some things we know they like- like pools and comfy beds! We have a total of ten days (not including travel days) and are flying into and out of Jackson. Based on friends' recommendations we will be staying at a Teton Village hotel for the bulk of the trip but want to spend at least 3 days in Yellowstone. All of the in park hotels are sold out (but I'm wary anyway given how rustic they seem) and so I am looking at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. Confusion has set in as I am unclear as to the best location for us for purposes of visiting Yellowstone, particularly the geysers, considering we will be driving to/from Teton Village for our Yellowstone leg. Should we just stay somewhere closer to the south entrance and therefore nearer to GT? All input and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Yellowstone and GTNP with city kids-last minute trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennedy Space Center
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 5 week in US/Mexico
- 4 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 9 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 12 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 15 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 16 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Asheville NC without a car
- 23 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 24 Myrtle Beach
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State