Hi all. I have been reading all the great posts about Yellowstone and GTNP for days and still have some questions. We have planned a last minute trip out west from NY with our two boys, ages 9 and 12 for the last week of August. So far, I just have flights. We are not an outdoorsy family and usually take beach vacations but my husband and I really want to visit our national parks and have the boys experience nature in all of its glory. That being said, we want to take baby steps and keep the whining to a minimum and so mix the parks with some things we know they like- like pools and comfy beds! We have a total of ten days (not including travel days) and are flying into and out of Jackson. Based on friends' recommendations we will be staying at a Teton Village hotel for the bulk of the trip but want to spend at least 3 days in Yellowstone. All of the in park hotels are sold out (but I'm wary anyway given how rustic they seem) and so I am looking at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. Confusion has set in as I am unclear as to the best location for us for purposes of visiting Yellowstone, particularly the geysers, considering we will be driving to/from Teton Village for our Yellowstone leg. Should we just stay somewhere closer to the south entrance and therefore nearer to GT? All input and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Yellowstone and GTNP with city kids-last minute trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 4 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 5 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 6 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 7 RIP Judy Rogers
- 8 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 9 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 10 Boston area
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 23 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 Train from Boston to Rockport?