Hi all. I have been reading all the great posts about Yellowstone and GTNP for days and still have some questions. We have planned a last minute trip out west from NY with our two boys, ages 9 and 12 for the last week of August. So far, I just have flights. We are not an outdoorsy family and usually take beach vacations but my husband and I really want to visit our national parks and have the boys experience nature in all of its glory. That being said, we want to take baby steps and keep the whining to a minimum and so mix the parks with some things we know they like- like pools and comfy beds! We have a total of ten days (not including travel days) and are flying into and out of Jackson. Based on friends' recommendations we will be staying at a Teton Village hotel for the bulk of the trip but want to spend at least 3 days in Yellowstone. All of the in park hotels are sold out (but I'm wary anyway given how rustic they seem) and so I am looking at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. Confusion has set in as I am unclear as to the best location for us for purposes of visiting Yellowstone, particularly the geysers, considering we will be driving to/from Teton Village for our Yellowstone leg. Should we just stay somewhere closer to the south entrance and therefore nearer to GT? All input and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Yellowstone and GTNP with city kids-last minute trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Minneapolis Parking
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 4 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 5 DC - WW2 flyover
- 6 Camping Generator!?
- 7 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 8 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 9 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 10 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 11 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 12 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 13 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 14 New York City-New Things?
- 15 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 16 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 17 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 18 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 19 Alaska Trip Planning
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 22 Things to do in La Jolla
- 23 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 24 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report