Will be spending 6 nights on Kauai at the end of December. Am considering either North Shore (Hanalei) or Coconut Coast (Kapaa). Have read about winds/waves on the North Shore that time of year, will it stop you from enjoying the beach? Things I want to do are: hike, snorkel, swim, try surfing, sit on the beach. Not interested in shopping or crowds or waterparks. I do like to go out for a nice dinner. Any feedback on these 2 areas would be much appreciated. Also, what places would you recommed staying? Open to hotel or B&B. I'm looking at Surfboard House and Hale Ho Maha in Hanelei. Don't have anything picked out in Kappa. Thanks!
Where to stay on Kauai?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 14 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 A day in Dallas
- 17 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 18 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 19 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 22 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 23 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 24 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 25 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!