Will be spending 6 nights on Kauai at the end of December. Am considering either North Shore (Hanalei) or Coconut Coast (Kapaa). Have read about winds/waves on the North Shore that time of year, will it stop you from enjoying the beach? Things I want to do are: hike, snorkel, swim, try surfing, sit on the beach. Not interested in shopping or crowds or waterparks. I do like to go out for a nice dinner. Any feedback on these 2 areas would be much appreciated. Also, what places would you recommed staying? Open to hotel or B&B. I'm looking at Surfboard House and Hale Ho Maha in Hanelei. Don't have anything picked out in Kappa. Thanks!
Where to stay on Kauai?
- 1 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 2 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 3 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 4 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 5 Car trip from Seattle
- 6 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 7 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 8 Newport, RI Questions
- 9 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 10 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 11 Savannah restaurants
- 12 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 13 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 14 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 15 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 16 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 17 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 18 Retiring in Colorado
- 19 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 20 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 21 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 22 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 23 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 24 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 25 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!