Will be spending 6 nights on Kauai at the end of December. Am considering either North Shore (Hanalei) or Coconut Coast (Kapaa). Have read about winds/waves on the North Shore that time of year, will it stop you from enjoying the beach? Things I want to do are: hike, snorkel, swim, try surfing, sit on the beach. Not interested in shopping or crowds or waterparks. I do like to go out for a nice dinner. Any feedback on these 2 areas would be much appreciated. Also, what places would you recommed staying? Open to hotel or B&B. I'm looking at Surfboard House and Hale Ho Maha in Hanelei. Don't have anything picked out in Kappa. Thanks!
Where to stay on Kauai?
View all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 3 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 6 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 12 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 13 San Antonio
- 14 hotel near Met NYC
- 15 Key West on NYE
- 16 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 19 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 20 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 21 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 22 Hotel near Public Theater
- 23 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions