Will be spending 6 nights on Kauai at the end of December. Am considering either North Shore (Hanalei) or Coconut Coast (Kapaa). Have read about winds/waves on the North Shore that time of year, will it stop you from enjoying the beach? Things I want to do are: hike, snorkel, swim, try surfing, sit on the beach. Not interested in shopping or crowds or waterparks. I do like to go out for a nice dinner. Any feedback on these 2 areas would be much appreciated. Also, what places would you recommed staying? Open to hotel or B&B. I'm looking at Surfboard House and Hale Ho Maha in Hanelei. Don't have anything picked out in Kappa. Thanks!
Where to stay on Kauai?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip itinerary
- 2 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 3 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 4 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 5 layover
- 6 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 7 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 8 best area to stay in san diego
- 9 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 10 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 11 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 12 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 13 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 14 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 15 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 16 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 17 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 18 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 19 Kayaking in Kauai
- 20 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 21 San Francisco - mid October
- 22 Burlington VT day trip
- 23 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 24 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 25 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?