Will be spending 6 nights on Kauai at the end of December. Am considering either North Shore (Hanalei) or Coconut Coast (Kapaa). Have read about winds/waves on the North Shore that time of year, will it stop you from enjoying the beach? Things I want to do are: hike, snorkel, swim, try surfing, sit on the beach. Not interested in shopping or crowds or waterparks. I do like to go out for a nice dinner. Any feedback on these 2 areas would be much appreciated. Also, what places would you recommed staying? Open to hotel or B&B. I'm looking at Surfboard House and Hale Ho Maha in Hanelei. Don't have anything picked out in Kappa. Thanks!
Where to stay on Kauai?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area