Will be spending 6 nights on Kauai at the end of December. Am considering either North Shore (Hanalei) or Coconut Coast (Kapaa). Have read about winds/waves on the North Shore that time of year, will it stop you from enjoying the beach? Things I want to do are: hike, snorkel, swim, try surfing, sit on the beach. Not interested in shopping or crowds or waterparks. I do like to go out for a nice dinner. Any feedback on these 2 areas would be much appreciated. Also, what places would you recommed staying? Open to hotel or B&B. I'm looking at Surfboard House and Hale Ho Maha in Hanelei. Don't have anything picked out in Kappa. Thanks!
Where to stay on Kauai?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 4 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 5 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 6 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Boston/Fenway park
- 11 California self drive trip
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 14 Timeshare Nightmares
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 19 Drive along the Columbia River
- 20 Wine Country Picnic
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,