please help me plan my kauai trip!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:09 AM
susan

Hi,
I am planning my families trip to kauai for next easter. We are splitting the 10 day trip with 5 days renting a house in haena, my husband likes seclusion, nature etc. but the house has no pool so were splitting the time with a condo stay mainly so the kids can have their pool time. Can you suggest a condo that would be in a more quite non touristy area??
Thanks for any help!
Susan

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:23 AM
xxx

I would not head to Haena that month, high probablity of rain on the North Shore. Many head to poipu to skip the rain of winter but I would head to Maui or the big island instead, more picturesq. Where are your other 5 days

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 06:24 AM
xxx

that is the rain of winter and spring

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Jeannette

I wouldn't rent a place on that side of the island. It's often raining there when it's sunny on the other side. I rented a condo in Princeville during a non-rainy period and we still got three days of rain that pretty much kept us inside for the entire afternoon. When you're on vacation, weather is a big part of your enjoyment so keep it in mind.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 07:43 AM
xxx

poipu side might be sunny but it is also not very scenic. I would consider another island entirely during this time. Just one opinion

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:25 AM
susan

Thanks everyone for the replies,
what island do you think would be best in april.

Susan

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:54 AM
xxx

For 10 days I would spend all the time on either big island or Maui. I would not break up the time on more than one island. My heart leans towards the big island first but you need to go online and see what pulls at your heart strings. A quick way to decide is to breeze through both Maui Revealed and the Big Island revealed by Andrew Dougherty (sp). They are concise and have enough info four an informed choice.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 03:19 PM
jana

Hanalei Bay Resorts was a good option for us. It is nest to the Princeville Resort. It may be too touristy for you. It wasn't for us though. The grounds are quite beautiful - including a nice large pool. The views are exceptional. The beach is also just a walk down a paved path. Jana

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Marsha

We stayed near Poipu this May. Although the South Shore is different than North Shore Kauai, it is quite scenic. We stayed at Koloa Landing Cottages, so don't know about the condos in the area. I don't know what the weather will be like at Easter, but the weather was excellent in May on all of Kauai. Frankly, on Kauai, one does not need to rent a condo with a pool - our kids loved the ocean. There are excellent public beaches which are quite deserted on the weekdays. After visiting the beaches on Kauai, none of us liked the beaches on the Big Island.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:22 PM
susan

Thanks everyone for your replies. Maybe
I will be sorry, but I just booked a 2 bedroom condo at sealodge for $750.00/wk. I have the ultimate kauai guide and seen its gold-bar rating. I guess if it rains we'll travel south. I really want to be on the north shore.
Thanks again,
Susan

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:33 PM
lou

well done susan,,,,you'll have a wonderful time! Let go of the plans and enjoy. I hope to return to this magical island.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:19 AM
John R.

Don't worry Susan... even if it rains, it is still warm. The north shore is much prettier than the south (not saying that the south is bad) but you can usually escape rain by heading south for the day, which you would probably do anyways for a couple of day trips even if it didn't rain.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:20 AM
wishfulthinking

Only if you take me with you

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:28 AM
xxx

Tell us how it goes Susan. They seem to have gorgeous ocean veiws there. I have often thought of renting there.

I wonder if Albatross will be at the Kilauea lighthouse that time of year. Remember to schedule a free guided hike with them 2.5 hours.
If Easter lands in March next year you might get some whales also, and what a veiw you will have!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 05:29 AM
xxx

book a few weeks or more ahead for the guided hikes at kilauea lighthouse

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:15 AM
susa

Thanks everyone,
Easter is april 20 this year and a few places I have checked with are already filled up. I was really interested in a place called hale o' wailele. which is a home with pool but it was booked. Also I found cottage rentals next to the marriott with full use of the marriott resort called pali ka kua? and they were reasonably priced. Thanks for all the responses!
Susan

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Sarah

susan try Hanalei North Shore Properties

and Century 21 for rental properties.

Did you check out the sealodge very affordable and right on a bluff looking out at the water.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM
susan

Sarah,
Thanks for responding, I did book at sealodge!! I cant wait to go!!
Susan

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Diana

Could someone do me a HUGE favor and lookup Garden Isle Cottages in the ultimate Kauaii guide and tell me if its in there or they like it? It seems like a nice quiet place at reasonable rates but I am nervous its too good to be true. Thank you ever so much!! I have ordered the guide but am leaving for 3 week vacation and won't have iy till I get back.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:28 AM
xxx

go to Amazon online and look in index of book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -