I currently live in Minneapolis area and am ready to get out of the cold winters. I lived in Charleston, South Carolina for 2 years and miss it. However, I always wanted to live in N.C. I need help trying to figure out where to look. We currently live 30 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and like it that way. I would prefer to be in a mid size town with access to a bigger town if needed. I want to be no more than an hour from the beach, if possible. Don't mind tripping it to the mountains every now and then. Lots of people like Asheville, but sounds a bit "Boulderish". As in Boulder, CO. Plus, if I am going to make the move, I want to be in a warmer winter area.
Where to live in North Carolina
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 7 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 11 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Rockport, MA dining?
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE