I currently live in Minneapolis area and am ready to get out of the cold winters. I lived in Charleston, South Carolina for 2 years and miss it. However, I always wanted to live in N.C. I need help trying to figure out where to look. We currently live 30 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and like it that way. I would prefer to be in a mid size town with access to a bigger town if needed. I want to be no more than an hour from the beach, if possible. Don't mind tripping it to the mountains every now and then. Lots of people like Asheville, but sounds a bit "Boulderish". As in Boulder, CO. Plus, if I am going to make the move, I want to be in a warmer winter area.
Where to live in North Carolina
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio Hotels
- 2 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 5 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 6 Do I need to buy tickets in advance for Chicago Art Institute?
- 7 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 9 Vegas hotels for families
- 10 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 11 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 12 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 13 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 14 Two airports to choose from?
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 17 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 20 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 23 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 24 layover
- 25 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?