We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 2 BYOB in New York City
- 3 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 4 Broadway show tickets
- 5 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.
- 6 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 7 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 8 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 9 Sedona to Vegas
- 10 Traveling with an infant
- 11 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 12 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 13 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 16 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 17 Yosemite Hike
- 18 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 19 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 20 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 21 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 22 Across country drive
- 23 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 24 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 25 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend