We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://getmysupplement.com/anibolx/
- 2 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 3 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 4 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 5 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 6 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 7 sugestions
- 8 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 9 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 11 Rules of the NY Subway
- 12 Big Sur Help!!
- 13 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 14 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 15 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 16 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 17 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 18 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 19 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 20 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 21 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 22 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 23 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 24 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 25 Epic Journey East coast and back