We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do you want Repair your Computer?
- 2 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 3 Are you looking Estate Planning Lawyer?
- 4 Are you looking flowers for all occasion?
- 5 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 6 Do you want Australian Visa?
- 7 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 8 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 9 Arizona in winter
- 10 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 11 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 12 Currency and hotels
- 13 Vegas with toddler twins
- 14 Las Vegas Vacation
- 15 OHare car service north suburbs
- 16 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 18 disneyland
- 19 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 20 Key West
- 21 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 22 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 Warmth in December without Zika??