We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 When you visit NYC, what NYC are you visiting?
- 2 Ice Hockey tickets
- 3 Washington DC to Orlando
- 4 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 6 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 7 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 8 big one ?
- 9 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 10 Rental car question
- 11 Laguardia to Niagara Falls (US side)
- 12 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 13 Snow in Cloudcroft i March
- 14 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 15 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 16 Florida for a while
- 17 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 18 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 19 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 20 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 21 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 22 Foliage in Vermont
- 23 Hiking Sandia Mountains
- 24 Grand Canyon hike
- 25 Florida apartments/condos?