We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time visit to California
- 2 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 3 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 4 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 5 New England and Eastern Canada
- 6 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 7 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 8 Hilton Head
- 9 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 10 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 11 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 12 Southern Road Trip
- 13 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 14 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 15 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 18 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 19 4 Days in LV
- 20 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 21 NYC hotel/July
- 22 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 23 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 24 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 25 Must see places in Washington & Oregon