We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 2 Shenandoah National park
- 3 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 4 Florida Nature Trip
- 5 Hawaii - where?
- 6 Rental Car Orlando
- 7 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 8 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 9 San Francisco to San Diego
- 10 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 11 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 12 24 days out west
- 13 Pacific Northwest
- 14 New Orleans Streetcars
- 15 Things to do in NYC
- 16 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!
- 17 Universal Express℠ Pass Worth it?
- 18 Sandford Airport
- 19 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 20 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 21 TKS Booth at 47th Street: Help for Return Customers
- 22 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
- 23 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 24 Butler Wash - Cedar Mesa Utah
- 25 Traveling through MO to Branson