We will be 2 couples traveling in October to Las Vegas, for about a week. We have devoted 2 ½ days (2 nights) at the start of our trip, to see the GC, but with so much more time than we need there, would like to use our extra time wisely. We do not plan on doing any hiking as we just want to “see” the GC. We also plan to make a stop at Hoover Dam. I’m not sure if there is time to see Bryce or Zion, but if not, we’re trying to figure out how to best use our allotted time.
Our friends get into Vegas on Saturday afternoon at 2pm, so we will be leaving late in the afternoon on our journey. Our plan is to arrive back in LV on Monday night. We want to see as much as possible, but know that this is not enough time to see all 3 attractions. We are very flexible with our schedule, and have not booked any overnight stays yet (except for when we are back in Vegas)! We love to see roadside attractions along the way, so of course the most scenic routes and/or towns would be awesome!
What would you all recommend we see in the time we have allotted?
Is it best to travel to the North Rim as opposed to the South Rim, taking other attractions into consideration?
Would it be best to go to the park(s) before or after GC?
Any help and/or suggestions and route recommendations would be so much appreciated!
Please not that going to Zion and Bryce are not a necessity, as we can do this on another trip. My daughter just moved to Vegas, so we will be making plenty of trips to see her! We just want to make the best of our 2 1/2 days out of Vegas.
Thanks so much in advance!
Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 3 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 4 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 5 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 6 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 7 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 8 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 9 New Orleans help please
- 10 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 11 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 12 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 13 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 14 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 los angeles restaurants
- 17 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 18 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 19 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 23 NW Houston restaurant help
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 Restaurant in NYC advice