I am in the midst of a lovely trip back east with my husband to see family, friends and tag along on his business trip. Thought I would share about it as I don't see too much posted on this area.
We took off from LAX (groan) We live :10 minutes from Orange County Airport but there is not a direct flight so we made the haul up to LAX - which over all wasn't too bad - Virgin America is a great way to fly and we landed no issues into Newark by 4:30 pm. Picked up our rental car and headed to families house in Howell NJ. It is a lovely little community where we were greeted with open arms by his big Italian family with food, wine and more food! Mangia! Mangia!
Up early and hubby grabbed some good back east lox and bagel for the family and we headed on our trek to Long Beach Island to SeaShell Resort http://www.seashellresortandbeachclub.com/
It has been at least 15 years since I have been to the Jersey Shore - I grew up going to Margate and Ocean CIty and we made a family trip about 15 years ago renting a house. The area looked great - we were not sure what to expect after Sandy - the hotel was what you might expect It was clean, nice, beachy and frankly pricey... (around 300.00 a night for a standard room). We had to pay $25.00 each as a deposit for a "beach badge" - put on our suits and hit the beach. The weather was perfect - we had about 25 people there plus kiddos and spent the day enjoy company and the beach. Lunch was had on site - and it was tasty. The band came on and things heated up by the Tiki bar - it was jumpin! Very busy place - very party, party, party!
It was quiet down by the beach where we were but it was not a great family environment up by the pool/band.
The sun went down and we had a wonderful dinner at their restaurant THE PALM TREE - they have a special on Sunday/Monday for Lobster and I thought - why not - it was only 20.00 and was great! Glad I tried it!
More laughs with the family and headed to bed! Great first few days!
Up early the next day - To be continued!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 2 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 3 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 4 Remove your Wrinkles Instantly with Aqua Refine
- 5 call +1(855) 205-4069 Delta Airlines First Class
- 6 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 7 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 8 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 9 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 12 Dallas airport to bush library
- 13 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 14 Northern California Gardens.
- 15 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 18 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 19 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 20 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 21 Arches or Zion?
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 23 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 24 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 25 wyoming, south dakota trip
Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...