Has anyone ever taken the water taxi to Alexandria from DC? How about the train?
(I'll be staying near Georgetown and am only using public transportation)
I would love to get feedback on how you liked/disliked your choice. How long did the transportation take? Is the water taxi worth it or a waste of time? How's the tour narration? Is the train back to D.C. at all scary at night? Is there a time period to be definately cautious? Some trains in cities are always safe and populated, but since some city trains aren't, I thought I'd check with you experts.
My idea was to leave in the morning from Georgetown for a nice day trip to Alexandria. Ideally I was thinking to take the train one way and the boat the other way. I was thinking though, that it would be nice to stay late and have dinner there but I wasn't sure how practical or safe that would be.
I would appreciate all your feedback on this. Thanks for your help!
(I put some of this question out on a more generalized 'Alexandria' forum but I thought I might get more specific for this question.)
Transportation from D.C. to Alexandria--Recommend water taxi or train?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Door County Suggestions
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 6 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 15 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Denver in a half day