Has anyone ever taken the water taxi to Alexandria from DC? How about the train?
(I'll be staying near Georgetown and am only using public transportation)
I would love to get feedback on how you liked/disliked your choice. How long did the transportation take? Is the water taxi worth it or a waste of time? How's the tour narration? Is the train back to D.C. at all scary at night? Is there a time period to be definately cautious? Some trains in cities are always safe and populated, but since some city trains aren't, I thought I'd check with you experts.
My idea was to leave in the morning from Georgetown for a nice day trip to Alexandria. Ideally I was thinking to take the train one way and the boat the other way. I was thinking though, that it would be nice to stay late and have dinner there but I wasn't sure how practical or safe that would be.
I would appreciate all your feedback on this. Thanks for your help!
(I put some of this question out on a more generalized 'Alexandria' forum but I thought I might get more specific for this question.)
Transportation from D.C. to Alexandria--Recommend water taxi or train?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 7 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 8 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 9 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 10 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 13 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 14 Tipping advice
- 15 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 16 charleston during Christmas Week
- 17 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 18 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 22 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 25 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?