In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). On top of that, our ship visited 2 glaciers, namely Glacier Bay National Park and Hubbard Glacier.
Here are some tips for cruise passengers:
1. Do read the cruise itinerary carefully and know what time the cruise will be stopping in the national park. Large cruises are only allowed an hour or two in the waters of the national park. So you do not want to miss it.
2. Wake up early in the morning. I am talking about having breakfast at 6.30-7.30am to avoid the large infux of passengers going for breakfast at around 8-9am.
3. Secure an outdoor seating(find a good spot) to eat your breakfast. This is fairly important to those who stays in interior stateroom. You would want a good spot to view the glaciers and to take pictures.
4. Dress warmly even in summer. It can get quite chilly out there. Dress in layers! No need for down jacket. A good fleece jacket, t-shirts and jeans will suffice. It will be good if you have long john for the bottom half of the body.
5. If traveling with more than 4 people, please book rooms(balcony) on both side of the ship(starboard and port side). This will make viewing of cruise easier as the ship will be rotating 360degree.
6. Bring a good camera/binoculars with a good zoom. LOL. The cruise is not as close to the glaciers as i expected it to be.
For tons of pictures on glacier bay national park, do visit my blog at http://keeewei.blogspot.sg/2013/08/alaska-part-7.html
For tips on Ketchikan,
For tips on Juneau,
For tips on Skagway,
Hope this helps.
Tips for Cruise Passengers-Glacier Bay National Park & Hubbard Glacier
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 2 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 3 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando
- 4 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 7 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 8 New channel of a flamenco on youtube. Welcome!
- 9 Boston & Cape Cod
- 10 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Romantic destination in the US
- 13 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 14 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 15 Moving out of states from Florida
- 16 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 17 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 18 family road trip
- 19 Alaska Trip Planning
- 20 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 21 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 22 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 23 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.