In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). On top of that, our ship visited 2 glaciers, namely Glacier Bay National Park and Hubbard Glacier.
Here are some tips for cruise passengers:
1. Do read the cruise itinerary carefully and know what time the cruise will be stopping in the national park. Large cruises are only allowed an hour or two in the waters of the national park. So you do not want to miss it.
2. Wake up early in the morning. I am talking about having breakfast at 6.30-7.30am to avoid the large infux of passengers going for breakfast at around 8-9am.
3. Secure an outdoor seating(find a good spot) to eat your breakfast. This is fairly important to those who stays in interior stateroom. You would want a good spot to view the glaciers and to take pictures.
4. Dress warmly even in summer. It can get quite chilly out there. Dress in layers! No need for down jacket. A good fleece jacket, t-shirts and jeans will suffice. It will be good if you have long john for the bottom half of the body.
5. If traveling with more than 4 people, please book rooms(balcony) on both side of the ship(starboard and port side). This will make viewing of cruise easier as the ship will be rotating 360degree.
6. Bring a good camera/binoculars with a good zoom. LOL. The cruise is not as close to the glaciers as i expected it to be.
For tons of pictures on glacier bay national park, do visit my blog at http://keeewei.blogspot.sg/2013/08/alaska-part-7.html
For tips on Ketchikan,
For tips on Juneau,
For tips on Skagway,
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 2 토토총판 노하우 【 'kakao: dnj2016'ξ'텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 3 코리아레이스 ◎☆홈 피 = sst39.컴 ♧
- 4 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 5 손오공 게임 ● 연결 :【 ' m k 2 8 9 컴 ' 】
- 6 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 7 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 10 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 11 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 12 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 14 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 15 flagstaff
- 16 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 17 US Trip
- 18 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 19 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 20 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 21 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 24 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 25 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
Tips for Cruise Passengers-Glacier Bay National Park & Hubbard Glacier