In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). On top of that, our ship visited 2 glaciers, namely Glacier Bay National Park and Hubbard Glacier.
Here are some tips for cruise passengers:
1. Do read the cruise itinerary carefully and know what time the cruise will be stopping in the national park. Large cruises are only allowed an hour or two in the waters of the national park. So you do not want to miss it.
2. Wake up early in the morning. I am talking about having breakfast at 6.30-7.30am to avoid the large infux of passengers going for breakfast at around 8-9am.
3. Secure an outdoor seating(find a good spot) to eat your breakfast. This is fairly important to those who stays in interior stateroom. You would want a good spot to view the glaciers and to take pictures.
4. Dress warmly even in summer. It can get quite chilly out there. Dress in layers! No need for down jacket. A good fleece jacket, t-shirts and jeans will suffice. It will be good if you have long john for the bottom half of the body.
5. If traveling with more than 4 people, please book rooms(balcony) on both side of the ship(starboard and port side). This will make viewing of cruise easier as the ship will be rotating 360degree.
6. Bring a good camera/binoculars with a good zoom. LOL. The cruise is not as close to the glaciers as i expected it to be.
For tons of pictures on glacier bay national park, do visit my blog at http://keeewei.blogspot.sg/2013/08/alaska-part-7.html
For tips on Ketchikan,
For tips on Juneau,
For tips on Skagway,
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 2 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 3 powerful magic wallets+27789444940 money spells USA/UK/CANADA/GERMANY/DUBAI
- 4 San Francisco and Napa
- 5 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 6 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 12 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 13 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 14 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 15 Relocating to the Deep South
- 16 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 19 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 south west family trip itinerary
- 22 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 24 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 25 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
Tips for Cruise Passengers-Glacier Bay National Park & Hubbard Glacier