In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). On top of that, our ship visited 2 glaciers, namely Glacier Bay National Park and Hubbard Glacier.
Here are some tips for cruise passengers:
1. Do read the cruise itinerary carefully and know what time the cruise will be stopping in the national park. Large cruises are only allowed an hour or two in the waters of the national park. So you do not want to miss it.
2. Wake up early in the morning. I am talking about having breakfast at 6.30-7.30am to avoid the large infux of passengers going for breakfast at around 8-9am.
3. Secure an outdoor seating(find a good spot) to eat your breakfast. This is fairly important to those who stays in interior stateroom. You would want a good spot to view the glaciers and to take pictures.
4. Dress warmly even in summer. It can get quite chilly out there. Dress in layers! No need for down jacket. A good fleece jacket, t-shirts and jeans will suffice. It will be good if you have long john for the bottom half of the body.
5. If traveling with more than 4 people, please book rooms(balcony) on both side of the ship(starboard and port side). This will make viewing of cruise easier as the ship will be rotating 360degree.
6. Bring a good camera/binoculars with a good zoom. LOL. The cruise is not as close to the glaciers as i expected it to be.
For tons of pictures on glacier bay national park, do visit my blog at http://keeewei.blogspot.sg/2013/08/alaska-part-7.html
For tips on Ketchikan,
For tips on Juneau,
For tips on Skagway,
Hope this helps.
Tips for Cruise Passengers-Glacier Bay National Park & Hubbard Glacier
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day trip to California
- 2 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 3 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 4 Drive along the Columbia River
- 5 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 6 Wine Country Picnic
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 9 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 10 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 11 Boston/Fenway park
- 12 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 13 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 14 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 15 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 16 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 17 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 18 Where to go in Maine?
- 19 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 20 Timeshare Nightmares
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 23 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 24 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 25 Sacramento GTG