In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). On top of that, our ship visited 2 glaciers, namely Glacier Bay National Park and Hubbard Glacier.
Here are some tips for cruise passengers:
1. Do read the cruise itinerary carefully and know what time the cruise will be stopping in the national park. Large cruises are only allowed an hour or two in the waters of the national park. So you do not want to miss it.
2. Wake up early in the morning. I am talking about having breakfast at 6.30-7.30am to avoid the large infux of passengers going for breakfast at around 8-9am.
3. Secure an outdoor seating(find a good spot) to eat your breakfast. This is fairly important to those who stays in interior stateroom. You would want a good spot to view the glaciers and to take pictures.
4. Dress warmly even in summer. It can get quite chilly out there. Dress in layers! No need for down jacket. A good fleece jacket, t-shirts and jeans will suffice. It will be good if you have long john for the bottom half of the body.
5. If traveling with more than 4 people, please book rooms(balcony) on both side of the ship(starboard and port side). This will make viewing of cruise easier as the ship will be rotating 360degree.
6. Bring a good camera/binoculars with a good zoom. LOL. The cruise is not as close to the glaciers as i expected it to be.
For tons of pictures on glacier bay national park, do visit my blog at http://keeewei.blogspot.sg/2013/08/alaska-part-7.html
For tips on Ketchikan,
For tips on Juneau,
For tips on Skagway,
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 2 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 3 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 4 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations
- 6 Where to live in the North East
- 7 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 10 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 11 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 12 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 13 JFK to Washington
- 14 About Us
- 15 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 16 Houston during hurricane
- 17 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 18 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 19 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 20 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 21 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 22 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 23 Maui and Kauai
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 Girls Trip to Chicago
Tips for Cruise Passengers-Glacier Bay National Park & Hubbard Glacier