A couple of Cruise Questions.....

Dec 29th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Debbie

A couple of Cruise Questions.....

Hi,I'm a first timer to Cruising and I am planning a trip on the Vision of the Seas to
Alaska in September of 2003.I'm taking the Inside Passage Cruise and see that some list
Hubbard Glacier and some don't...Is this a place worth seeing on my cruise? Also,I heard that certain parts of a ship feel the
'Rocking Motion' more than others,if so is this the top part or bottom? Thanks,Debbie

Dec 29th, 2002, 09:10 AM
cd

Hi Debbie
Choose a room in the center of the ship. The bow (front) gets most of the action.
Have a great time!

Dec 29th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Theresa

I would definitely pick a cruise which either has Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier in their schedule. The site of these glaciers is phenominal! Definitley not to be missed!

The center section and lower decks have less motion.

Jan 1st, 2003, 01:59 PM
Debbie

Hi CD and Theresa,Thanks for your help.
I found a website that compares Staterooms and decided to go with the Celebrity Mercury because I liked their
'Sky Suites'.They have a huge balcony and that's what I want for my first cruise and first trip to Alaska.I'm really looking forward to my first experience cruising!! I'm sure it will be great! Thanks,Debbie

Jan 1st, 2003, 09:20 PM
Beth

Debbie~ What website has the comparison of cabins?

Jan 1st, 2003, 09:41 PM
john

Debbie:

You selected the right ship. The Mercury is fantastic. Great crew, crew
ship, wonderful trip. Don't worry about the motion. There is very little in the inside passage. You will feel the vibration on the engines more that you will feel the sea.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:54 AM
Debbie

Hi,Beth I went to: cruisestateroom.com/news.htm and click on Ships Database to the left then click on stateroom comparisons.Then above both columns in the center you can select which ship staterooms you want to compare! It's great.Helped me out alot....
John,Thanks for the input on the Mercury.Right now I'm finding a price of $1,683.00 per person for the 'Sky Suite' on the May 11th cruise to Alaska.
Does this sound reasonable?Or should I wait for it go down? Thanks again,Debbie