New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 2 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 3 Arches or Zion?
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 6 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 7 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 9 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 10 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 11 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 12 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 13 time to visit statue
- 14 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 16 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 17 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 18 Chester, CN
- 19 Northern California Gardens.
- 20 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 21 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 22 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 23 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC
- 24 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 25 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?