New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 2 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 3 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 4 Great OR beach house locations?
- 5 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 6 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 7 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 8 Ideas for New York
- 9 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 10 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 11 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 12 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 13 No Spam this morning!!
- 14 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 15 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 16 Honeymoon on PCH
- 17 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 18 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 19 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 20 San Francisco transit options
- 21 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 22 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 23 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 24 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 25 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january