New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Teton & Yellowstone: Scratching the Surface
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Union Square area restaurant
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 5 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 6 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 7 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 8 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 11 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 12 Richmond highlights?
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Broadway this week
- 16 Weekend in NYC
- 17 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 20 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 21 New York, New York...
- 22 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 23 trains in Europe
- 24 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 25 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014