New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 2 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 3 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 4 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 5 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 6 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 7 Northwest Car Trip
- 8 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 9 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 10 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 15 Northwest Passage
- 16 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 17 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 18 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 19 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 20 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 21 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 22 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 23 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 24 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 25 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?