New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Teton & Yellowstone: Scratching the Surface
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 2 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 5 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 12 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 13 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 17 West Maui Restaurants
- 18 San Diego Little Italy
- 19 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 22 Key West Hotel in January
- 23 Healdsburg tips
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 los angeles restaurants