New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 3 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 4 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 5 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 6 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 7 south west family trip itinerary
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 10 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 11 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 12 wasting time around JFK
- 13 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 14 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 15 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 16 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 17 SF Restaurant
- 18 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 19 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 20 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 21 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 22 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 25 Warren & Annbelle's Maui