New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 2 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 3 US Trip
- 4 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 5 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 6 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 7 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 10 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 12 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 13 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 14 Bryce and Zion planning
- 15 Country Walkers
- 16 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 17 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 18 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 19 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 20 Places to stay in Skagway
- 21 Hilo to Kona
- 22 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 23 Maui - luau question
- 24 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 25 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report