New to the forums, but looks like it's a great place to get info from fellow travellers willing to help share their experiences. My Wife and I are heading out west in late May/early June and after making our way as far as Zion/Bryce and up thru SLC, we are heading into Wyoming to experience this beautiful part of the country. Based on our schedule, we're gonna arrive in the Jackson area on a Sat in early June and leave to start heading back east on a Wed. Can anyone recommend a good split between the Jackson Hole/GTNP area and Yellowstone? Originally we were thinking to stay 2 nights in each place, but now I'm wondering if it would work to stay the full 4 nights in the Jackson area and go back and forth to Yellowstone from there. We're not really campers but don't have an unlimited budget for the high end resorts either, so any suggestions of good places to stay in each area would be great too! We're planning on doing mainly shorter day hikes, def driving the loop, and for sure gonna book a float down the snake river in Teton. Just not sure what's the best way to get the most out of 4 days in this part of the world. Obviously would love to spend a full week in each place, but there's just too much to see across the country in both directions and we have limited time...hence "scratching the surface!" Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 2 florida gulf coast
- 3 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 4 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 5 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 6 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 7 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 8 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 9 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 10 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 11 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 12 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 13 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 14 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 15 Family Trip advice please?!
- 16 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 17 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 18 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 19 Road trip advice needed please
- 20 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 21 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 22 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 23 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 24 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 25 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!