We'll be traveling to Seattle in mid August and were considering a side trip to Vancouver, BC or possibly Victoria Island. For Vancouver, we thought Amtrak looked like a good option, leaving on Thursday morning at around 7:00am and returning on Friday evening, leaving Vancouver at around 6:30pm and arriving back in Serattle at around 10:30pm. This wouldn't give us a whole lot of time there (Thursday afternoon and all day Friday). Any suggestions on what we could do or see with this short time frame? Also any suggestions on a convenient hotel once we arrive at the Vancouver Amtrak station?
Seattle to Vancouver side trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle