Good day, all,
This will be a solo mission: I am planning to drive up from LA to Portland and back to LA sometime in April or May (closer to April) when the days are longer. I have about a 2 week time frame to do it in so my itinerary is quite flexible.
My course of action is as follows:
Drive like a freak up I-5 to Redding, stay one night. The next day drive from Redding to Crater Lake then on to Portland. Once I arrive in Portland my schedule is quite open. I wish to take in the city and surrounding areas: i.e. Columbia River Gorge, etc. I am bringing along my mountain bike so I can bike around the city, maybe some mellow city/mountain bike trails and perhaps even do some car/bike camping in the CR Gorge. I'm planning to allocate about 4-5 days or so in Portland. The reason for 5 days is so that I can spend time with my friend who lives in Portland.
After checking out Portland, I am planning to drive back down to LA via the Oregon coast. I am also bringing along a surfboard so I can surf some spots along the Oregon coast. Then, I am just gonna coast down PCH on my way back to LA.
Is the weather favorable in early April?
Would it be possible to do a quick tour of Crater Lake and still make it to Portland in one day or would I have to take an additional day. Should I stop in another city other than Redding to make this more feasible? Is Crater Lake worth the extra day?
Is 4-5 days enough time to soak up everything Portland and CR Gorge has to offer?
Are there certain hotels that allow people to bring their bikes into the rooms?
What are the best places to stay along the Oregon coast hotel and/or camping wise? I saw this place called "beachcombers inn" in Gold Beach. Is the area a good place? Can you guys recommend other places or destinations that are nice enough to justify staying for 2 night?
I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 2 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 3 http://www.mylaviveeyeserum.com/le-reel-skin-serum/
- 4 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 5 Honda New and Used Cars Dealer in Paris TX
- 6 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 7 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 8 Places to stay in Skagway
- 9 Hilo to Kona
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 12 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 13 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 14 Maui - luau question
- 15 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 16 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 17 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 18 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 19 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 20 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 21 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 22 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 25 flagstaff
Good day, all,