I have been reading a lot on this forum and learned a lot but I need a little bit more help.
My girlfriend and I have now decided to do a road trip within our a 2 week holiday in the US in April, for app. 9/10 days (starting on the 12/04/2011) through Utah.
Our itinerary would be the following:
- Arrive in Las Vegas
- Zion National Park
- Bryce Park
- Monument Valley (may be going there through Capitol Reef as the road seems great but apparently we will have to avoid Moab because of the Jeep Jamboree week)
- Page Antelope Canyon / Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Las Vegas
We plan to do this trip driving an RV.
My questions are the following:
1/ What is your view of my itinerary (do we have enough time to do it or actually could we see even more (do we miss something essential))?
2/ How long should we spend at each destination (we like hiking but we don't plan to do "hard core" hikes))?
3/ Is this trip do-able with an RV (could we have problems on the road (bad quality of the road, snow...), would that be too cold to stay at night in the RV?) or should we rent a 4x4 car and find motels at each destination (is a car better to use in the parks)?
4/ If we go for the RV, do we need to book camps in advance because of Easter break or we should be ok if we call a few days in advance, and do you have good address for RV rentals?
Many thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 2 Airfares in the 1970's
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 Relocating to the Deep South
- 5 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 6 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 7 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 8 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 9 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 10 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 11 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 12 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 13 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 14 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 15 Seattle to San Francisco
- 16 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 17 San Francisco and Napa
- 18 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 19 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 20 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 21 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 22 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 23 Budget NYC hotel
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 Timeshare on Cape Cod