I have been reading a lot on this forum and learned a lot but I need a little bit more help.
My girlfriend and I have now decided to do a road trip within our a 2 week holiday in the US in April, for app. 9/10 days (starting on the 12/04/2011) through Utah.
Our itinerary would be the following:
- Arrive in Las Vegas
- Zion National Park
- Bryce Park
- Monument Valley (may be going there through Capitol Reef as the road seems great but apparently we will have to avoid Moab because of the Jeep Jamboree week)
- Page Antelope Canyon / Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Las Vegas
We plan to do this trip driving an RV.
My questions are the following:
1/ What is your view of my itinerary (do we have enough time to do it or actually could we see even more (do we miss something essential))?
2/ How long should we spend at each destination (we like hiking but we don't plan to do "hard core" hikes))?
3/ Is this trip do-able with an RV (could we have problems on the road (bad quality of the road, snow...), would that be too cold to stay at night in the RV?) or should we rent a 4x4 car and find motels at each destination (is a car better to use in the parks)?
4/ If we go for the RV, do we need to book camps in advance because of Easter break or we should be ok if we call a few days in advance, and do you have good address for RV rentals?
Many thanks for your help
Road trip - South Utah in April (with an RV?)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 2 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 3 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 4 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 7 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 8 Vegas hotels for families
- 9 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 10 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 11 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 12 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 denver to badlands
- 15 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 16 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 17 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 18 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Ogunquit to Boston Logan Travel Time
- 24 Vanc BC-Balti w/change in Denver - how much time for immigration?
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?