I am planning a road trip north. I would like to make Newport RI my home base and then take mini trips during the day. We are planning a visit to Boston, Salem, Provindence and perhaps NH and even Vermonth and Maine. We have about 10 days we can spent traveling around.I need advice on things to do, places to see, and if anyone has ever stayed at the Pelham Court off Thames? Also what hotel recommended? Doesnt have to be right in Newport. Since we are driving we are free to do and go anywhere. We have done this before and loved it. Would like a suite/kitchenette type of hotel. At night we will try out the casinos in the area. If anyone knows where they are and what they are called I can set them into the GPS. All info appreciated. We are going the end of March. Oh will stop at Mystic for a short time since we did that already and it didnt hold our interests. Love the beach even in the winter, gambling, nightlife , dining and shopping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 2 Coldest place you've ever been to?
- 3 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 4 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 5 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 6 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 7 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 8 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 9 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 10 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 11 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 12 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 15 Alaska cruise
- 16 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 17 Sonoma
- 18 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 19 New Orleans
- 20 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 21 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 22 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 23 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 24 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 25 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton