Help please. Arriving in Atlanta on 15 August for a three week vacation. Plan to spend two days in Nashville but everything else is unplanned. Want to see Chicago, but what to see/where to stop on the trip between Nashville and there? Our first trip to the U.S. was 9/11 when we arrived in N.Y. hoping to see Washington, but we changed our planned schedule for obvious reasons. We are a couple (Irish) in our late 50's and are well used to driving in the U.S. so we are not in awe of long road trips. Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome. We love meeting people and prefer "real life/real people" to "touristy" things.
Road trip Atlanta to Chicago and .......
View all United States activity »
- 1 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 2 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 3 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Question about Boulder area
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 17 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 18 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 19 Biloxi questions again
- 20 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 21 Madison Square Garden
- 22 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 23 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 24 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013