Help please. Arriving in Atlanta on 15 August for a three week vacation. Plan to spend two days in Nashville but everything else is unplanned. Want to see Chicago, but what to see/where to stop on the trip between Nashville and there? Our first trip to the U.S. was 9/11 when we arrived in N.Y. hoping to see Washington, but we changed our planned schedule for obvious reasons. We are a couple (Irish) in our late 50's and are well used to driving in the U.S. so we are not in awe of long road trips. Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome. We love meeting people and prefer "real life/real people" to "touristy" things.
Road trip Atlanta to Chicago and .......
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 3 My Book of Mormon review
- 4 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 5 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 6 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 7 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 8 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 9 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 10 SFO International Airport
- 11 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 12 Yosemite Lodging
- 13 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 16 Colorado aspen updates
- 17 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 18 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 19 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 23 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 24 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 25 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown