I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 2 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 3 Maui - Haleakala
- 4 Condo Rental in Florida
- 5 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 6 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 7 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 8 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 9 planning a trip to US
- 10 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 11 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 12 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 13 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 14 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 15 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 16 Texas
- 17 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 18 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 19 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 20 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 21 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 22 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 23 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 24 10 day trip
- 25 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?