I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 3 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 4 Parka in PA during February?
- 5 Driving Alaska
- 6 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 7 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Cross country tips
- 10 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 11 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 12 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 13 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 14 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 17 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 18 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 19 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 20 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 21 IAH to HOU Questions
- 22 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 23 Jazzfest side trips
- 24 March in New Mexico
- 25 No Spam this morning!!