I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Circle Oahu / luau
- 4 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 7 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 8 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 Backpacking in April
- 11 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 replica designer handbags
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Cape Cod in early April
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 united and carry-ons
- 20 Portland Maine Hotels
- 21 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 22 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 23 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 24 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York