I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 2 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 3 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 4 North Carolina Coast
- 5 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 6 myrtle beach
- 7 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 8 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 9 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 12 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 13 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 14 NYC with wheelchair
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 17 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 18 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 19 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 20 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 21 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 22 New Orleans logistics
- 23 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field