I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/cerebrrin/
- 2 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 3 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 4 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 5 Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 7 Southern history- walkable cities
- 8 Red Rocks Amphitheater places to stay
- 9 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 10 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 11 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 12 Reagan Library
- 13 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 14 US Open Tennis
- 15 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 16 Hawaii with limited time
- 17 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 18 Your favourite places in New York City
- 19 Steamboat in August
- 20 Hotels in San Diego
- 21 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 22 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 23 Cape cod Labor Day
- 24 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 25 Los Angeles and Beyond