I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 2 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Wine Country Picnic
- 6 Washington DC Metro
- 7 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 Road trip through the south
- 10 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 11 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 12 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 13 Myrtle Beach
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 17 Getting around Las Vegas
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 Travel West Coast
- 20 Rafting near Denali
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 23 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving