I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 2 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 3 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 6 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 7 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 8 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 9 Moving to Montana
- 10 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 11 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 12 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 13 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 16 Oregon Coast question
- 17 Savanah GA
- 18 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Colorado itinerary
- 23 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 Yellowstone NP planning questions