I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 2 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 3 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 4 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 5 Downtown Chicago
- 6 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 7 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 8 Charleston Hotel Question
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 11 New Hampshire
- 12 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 13 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 14 Driving to Naples fl
- 15 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 16 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 17 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 18 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 19 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 22 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 23 Nashville Questions
- 24 Summer vacation
- 25 First Trip to Texas -