I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 2 late-night DC restaurant
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 5 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 6 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 7 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 8 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 9 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 10 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 13 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 16 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 17 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 18 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 19 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 20 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 21 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 22 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 25 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days