I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 2 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 3 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 4 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 5 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 6 Glacier to Banff
- 7 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 10 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 11 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 12 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 13 NYC hotel/July
- 14 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 15 Portland Affordable Accommodations
- 16 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 17 Lodging choice: Custer State Park vs surrounding area
- 18 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 19 Beartooth HWY Question
- 20 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 21 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 22 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 23 Harlem, NY
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management