I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 2 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 3 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 4 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 5 Pub with food in Seattle
- 6 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 7 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 8 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 9 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 12 Santa Barbara, California
- 13 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 16 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 17 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 18 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 19 May visit to Denali
- 20 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 21 Best places to stay on drive from Houston to Los Angeles
- 22 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 23 Philly
- 24 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 25 NYC IN AUGUST