I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/alpha-xl-boost/
- 2 Boost Up Your Skin Texture With luna-gold-serum
- 3 Blue fortera
- 4 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 5 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 6 Christmas in Colorado
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 10 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 11 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 12 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 13 JFK to Washington
- 14 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 15 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 16 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 17 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 18 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 19 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 20 How much time in Badlands?
- 21 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 22 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 23 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 24 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 25 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend