I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 2 With a ticket to the round
- 3 Looking for Next Destination
- 4 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 5 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 6 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 7 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 8 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 9 Moving to New Jersey
- 10 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 11 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 12 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 15 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 16 St. Simon, Georgia
- 17 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 18 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 19 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 20 West Coast Road Trip
- 21 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 22 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 25 Travel between Maui and Big Island