I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://alphajackedhelp.com/mengenix-testo-rampage/
- 2 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 3 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 4 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 5 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 6 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 9 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 10 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 11 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 12 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 13 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 16 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 17 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 18 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 19 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 20 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 23 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset