I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you looking Estate Planning Lawyer?
- 2 Are you looking flowers for all occasion?
- 3 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 4 Do you want Australian Visa?
- 5 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 6 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 7 Do you want Repair your Computer?
- 8 Arizona in winter
- 9 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 10 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 11 Currency and hotels
- 12 Vegas with toddler twins
- 13 Las Vegas Vacation
- 14 OHare car service north suburbs
- 15 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 16 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 17 disneyland
- 18 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 19 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 20 Key West
- 21 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 22 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 Warmth in December without Zika??