I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 12 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 13 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 14 Alaska
- 15 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 18 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 22 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 25 Austin Anniversary Dinner