I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 trains in Europe
- 4 USA trip
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 7 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 8 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 9 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 12 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Washington DC in Spring?
- 15 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 16 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 17 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 18 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 19 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 23 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 24 Alaskan coast travel options
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares