I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 2 driving RT 66
- 3 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 4 once in a lifetime
- 5 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 6 North California/South Oregon
- 7 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 8 Hotels Houston
- 9 Acadia National Park
- 10 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 11 Birthday vacation ideas
- 12 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 15 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 16 Long Weekend in Denver
- 17 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 18 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 19 From Newark to Manhattan
- 20 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 21 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 22 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 23 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 24 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 25 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights