I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 2 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 5 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 6 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 9 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 10 Las Vegas must sees
- 11 adams morgan - safety
- 12 Morning in miami
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 16 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 17 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 18 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 19 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 20 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 21 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 22 US Southwest
- 23 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 24 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 25 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco