I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 2 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 3 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 4 Parking fine
- 5 10 days in Arizona
- 6 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 7 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 8 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP
- 9 Who is advocacy advertising
- 10 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 11 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 12 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 13 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 14 Berkshires with a toddler
- 15 Vegas/California May 2016
- 16 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 17 flumin the ditch
- 18 Solo in Hawaii
- 19 hilicopter tour oahu
- 20 8 hour layover at DFW
- 21 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 22 4 days in San Diego in october
- 23 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 24 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 25 AC Hotels cheap by clean