I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Rental Car Liability Insurance for Uninsured Person?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Check List for a Sri Lankan Wedding
- 2 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 3 Dim Sum and Pho in San Francisco
- 4 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 5 Maui vacation
- 6 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 7 Use of an iPad in France
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 12 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 15 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 16 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 17 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Boston/Fenway park
- 20 California self drive trip
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 10 day trip to California