I'm traveling to the U.S. from Hong Kong and need to obtain liability coverage for my rental car because I do not drive normally and, thus, do not have my own personal auto insurance. I will be picking up the car in Virginia and I do not want to obtain liability coverage through the rental agency because I think what they charge is overpriced.
Is there such a thing as getting short term (16 days) 3rd party liability insurance for a rental? I know credit cards don't cover liability and it seems that most insurers don't offer this type of product. I found some British companies that may cover it for about $150, but this price still seems on the high side for me. Is there anything out there for $5-7 per day?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 4 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 7 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 8 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 9 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 10 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 11 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 12 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 13 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 14 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 15 Pacific coast road trip
- 16 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 17 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 18 chicago to hibbing
- 19 Arlington Hotels
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Cabin rental in march
- 22 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 23 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?