Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 8 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 9 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 12 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 13 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 16 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 17 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 18 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 21 Philadelphia
- 22 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 23 USA with a 3 year old
- 24 First family ski trip
- 25 NYC theatre broadway