Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 NYC IN AUGUST
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 Will have five days in Savannah
- 6 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 7 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 8 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 9 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 10 Itinerary opinions
- 11 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 14 Chicago trip
- 15 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 Fancy dining
- 18 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 19 culpepper
- 20 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 21 Santa Barbara, California
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Road trip Houston to DC- where should we stop?