Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 2 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 3 Denver Limos
- 4 layover
- 5 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 6 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 Two airports to choose from?
- 9 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 10 Road trip itinerary
- 11 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 12 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 13 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 14 best area to stay in san diego
- 15 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 16 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 17 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 18 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 19 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 20 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 21 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 22 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 23 Kayaking in Kauai
- 24 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 25 San Francisco - mid October