Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 3 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 4 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 5 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 8 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 11 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Rockport, MA dining?
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE