Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Yosemite in Winter
- 4 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 Tampa in February
- 9 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 10 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 13 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 14 New England September
- 15 NYC taxi vs car service
- 16 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 17 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 18 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 19 Austin Food Trucks
- 20 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 21 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 22 searching for urban master planned community
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Condos near Disney World
- 25 family celebration trip