Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 9 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 10 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 11 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 12 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 18 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 19 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 5 week in US/Mexico
- 24 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 25 10 day trip to California