Day 1 and we are prisoners at the Charleston Courtyard Marriott (on Lockwood). Property is pretty (though dated inside) with beautiful view of marina, but near absolutely nothing. No lunch or dinner or food available in the hotel (breakfast is the exception). We tried delivery since out by the pool, 1.5 hour wait. We tried ordering from a restaurant that the hotel recommended; they stopped delivering in 2010 to the hotel. True story. Children are eating pretzels I found in the car. Husband now headed to McDonalds; not a place I ever thought we would order from in a foodie city like Charleston. Tomorrow? If the hotel will let us out, Easter Mass at St. Mary's, then Civil War carriage ride, then brunch at Eli's Table. Stay tuned.
Prisoner at Charleston Courtyard Marriott (Lockwood) - Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 5 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 6 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 7 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 10 Richmond highlights?
- 11 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 15 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Florida St George's Island
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Union Square area restaurant
- 20 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???