We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 2 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 3 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 6 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 11 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 12 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 21 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 24 Dining in D.C.
- 25 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and