We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 2 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 3 Day trip to Hudson Valley from NYC?
- 4 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 5 Outskirts of New Orleans Hotel
- 6 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 7 Alaska- two days in Seward
- 8 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 9 Boca Grande or Siesta Key?
- 10 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 11 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 12 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 14 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 15 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 16 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 We are flying into Phoenix in November
- 20 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 21 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 22 Advice on Roadtrip
- 23 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 24 Zion the narrows
- 25 Where to eat in & around San Diego