We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 2 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 5 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 6 Dining in Manhattan
- 7 From Seattle airport to the city
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 10 New York City Christmas Trip
- 11 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 14 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 15 Colorado Skiing
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 18 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 21 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 22 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 23 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 24 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 25 Middle America in October