We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 3 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 4 What's new on Maui?
- 5 Broadway choices
- 6 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 7 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 8 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 9 Question About Sealodge
- 10 Yosemite Lodging
- 11 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 12 Colorado aspen updates
- 13 New England Skiing
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 16 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 17 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 18 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 19 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 20 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 21 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 22 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 23 Tucson area flooding
- 24 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT