We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 2 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 3 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Pirateland SC
- 7 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 8 San Diego with Kids
- 9 Metro Card Options
- 10 Maui itinerary
- 11 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 12 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 13 getting around DC
- 14 California
- 15 Road Trip: Seattle to San Francisco in November
- 16 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper August 2014 on the Canadian board - Alberta
- 18 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 19 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 20 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 21 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 22 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Oahu
- 25 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?