We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 2 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 5 Itinerary opinions
- 6 Calgary to Banff
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 14 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 15 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 16 Our perfect day in Key West
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 19 culpepper
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska
- 21 Pub with food in Seattle
- 22 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 23 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 24 An RV trip along the coast
- 25 NYC 1St Time