We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welcome to Auto Option Bot review
- 2 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 3 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 4 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 5 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 6 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 7 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 8 Colorado aspen updates
- 9 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 10 Looking for Next Destination
- 11 Yosemite Lodging
- 12 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 13 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 14 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 15 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 16 Fall color yet?
- 17 Worst Restaurants in America
- 18 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 19 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 20 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 21 SFO International Airport
- 22 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 23 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 24 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 25 My Book of Mormon review