We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Cheapest wireless internet services
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 6 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 7 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 8 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 11 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 14 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 15 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 23 pa to az
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 Savanah Sojourn