We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 2 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 3 Temecula< CA
- 4 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 5 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 6 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 7 Vegas hotels for families
- 8 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 9 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 10 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 11 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 12 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 13 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 14 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 15 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 Transportation help in Philly
- 18 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 19 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 20 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 21 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 22 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 23 Hilton Midtown New York
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?