We plan on arriving in Portland midday sometime in mid September (dates still TBD). We'll have 6 - 8 days to travel to Acadia and take in all the area has to offer. Our interests are hiking, biking, good (but simple) food/drink, nature sightseeing, etc. We don't mind spending a BIT of time in touristy locations if there is more to offer other than souvenir shops but prefer to visit out-of-the way/less people kind of places. Our big dilemma is calculating how much time to spend where. We'll probably stay the first night in Portland and then spend nights in a couple other locations that can serve as home base for day trips. Thinking of maybe a stopover in Camden area and then plan on three nights in Acadia area. We've been sifting through many posts but still don't have a good plan! Any suggestions for these "first time to Maine" Floridians?
Portland to Acadia - how long for stops along the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 2 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 3 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 4 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 5 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Las Vegas must sees
- 8 adams morgan - safety
- 9 Morning in miami
- 10 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 11 Grand Marais?
- 12 Grand Teton in October
- 13 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 14 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 15 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 16 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 17 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 18 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 19 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 20 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 21 US Southwest
- 22 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 23 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 24 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour