My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 2 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 3 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 4 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 5 blue ridge parkway?
- 6 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 7 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 8 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 9 San Diego, mission valley
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 12 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 13 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 14 November redwoods trip
- 15 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 16 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 17 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 18 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 19 MN lake home rental needed
- 20 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 21 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 22 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 23 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 24 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 25 Spring Break trip to National Park