My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any Sanibel experts?
- 2 Breast Cancer Car Donations Hyattsville MD
- 3 Traveling in winter
- 4 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 5 a short trip to san francisco
- 6 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 7 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 8 Summer in Michigan
- 9 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 10 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 11 Glacier National Park
- 12 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 13 South east road trip
- 14 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 15 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 16 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 17 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 18 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 19 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 20 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 21 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 22 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 23 Later Winter around Mobile
- 24 Rafting the Colorado
- 25 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS