My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 3 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 4 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 5 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 6 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 7 south west family trip itinerary
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 10 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 11 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 12 wasting time around JFK
- 13 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 14 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 15 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 16 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 17 SF Restaurant
- 18 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 19 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 20 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 21 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 22 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 25 Warren & Annbelle's Maui