My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 2 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 3 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 California San Diego area lodging
- 6 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 9 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 10 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 11 Utah 2
- 12 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 13 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 14 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 15 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 16 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 17 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 18 Kauai Garden tours
- 19 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 20 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 21 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 24 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 25 Charleston, SC 5 days