My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 3 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 4 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 5 Northern California Gardens.
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 8 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 9 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 10 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 11 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 12 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 13 Arches or Zion?
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 15 Dallas airport to bush library
- 16 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 17 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 18 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 19 Providence RI Waterfire
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 22 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 23 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 24 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 25 Orlando Baggage Storage