My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 Travel from VT to NYC, with a stop in Boston
- 3 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 4 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 5 Ten Glorious Days in Sonoma/Napa
- 6 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 7 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 8 Seattle in early August
- 9 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 10 Antelope Canyon: Upper & Lower on same day
- 11 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 12 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 13 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 14 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 15 11 days SE coast road trip
- 16 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 17 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 18 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 19 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 20 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 21 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 22 North Carolina Triangle
- 23 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 24 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 25 What to do in Raleigh, NC?