My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 2 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 3 your favorite city USA?
- 4 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 5 Help with driving East to West
- 6 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 7 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 8 Pacific coast road trip
- 9 Two days out of Seattle
- 10 Senior Travel Helper
- 11 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 12 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 13 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 14 South Carolina
- 15 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 16 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 17 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 18 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 19 Austin with Kids
- 20 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 21 Austin Getaway
- 22 Maine
- 23 Driving From Florida to Maryland
- 24 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 25 Yellowstone in Early October?