My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 2 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 3 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 4 North Carolina Coast
- 5 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 6 myrtle beach
- 7 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 8 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 9 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 12 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 13 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 14 NYC with wheelchair
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 17 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 18 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 19 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 20 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 21 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 22 New Orleans logistics
- 23 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field