My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 3 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 4 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 7 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 8 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 9 Moving to CT
- 10 Hotels Philly
- 11 Northwest USA
- 12 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 13 Ackislander
- 14 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 15 san diego or nearby area
- 16 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 17 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 18 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 19 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 20 LA for a day and a half
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 23 Texas
- 24 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 25 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question