My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 4 Orlando for Work
- 5 camaro hire in waikiki
- 6 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 7 How to dress in Vegas
- 8 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 9 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 10 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 13 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 14 charlotte
- 15 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 16 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 17 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 18 Sonoma or napa?
- 19 USA trip
- 20 Black Hills Trip Report
- 21 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 22 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 23 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 24 Cape Cod in October
- 25 Air Connections on Maui