My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 2 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 3 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 4 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 5 Route Planning for East USA
- 6 Florida keys trip
- 7 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 8 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 9 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 10 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 11 How many states have you been to?
- 12 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 13 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 14 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 15 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 16 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 17 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 18 Skagway
- 19 Retiring in NM?
- 20 Chicago to Charleston
- 21 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 22 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 23 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 24 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 25 Honeymoon out west.