My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A few questions about going to Yellowstone
- 2 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 3 What's a good one-day tour from LasVegas to Bryce Canyon?
- 4 Central Coast-California
- 5 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 6 Alaska restaurant prices
- 7 Shenandoah National Park
- 8 Fairmont or Paia Inn
- 9 Dallas - Fort Worth Airport Hotels
- 10 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 11 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 14 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 15 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 16 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 17 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 18 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 19 Itinerary Help - options.
- 20 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 21 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 22 Daytona Beach and ??
- 23 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 24 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 25 Hawaii is still Hell