My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 3 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 4 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 5 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 6 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 7 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 8 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 13 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 14 Memphis Tours
- 15 D.C. in a day
- 16 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 A Visit to Charleston
- 19 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 25 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!