My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EPSON printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 2 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 3 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 4 Christmas in Colorado
- 5 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 6 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 7 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 8 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 9 JFK to Washington
- 10 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 11 Where to live in the North East
- 12 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 14 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 17 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 18 Houston during hurricane
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 Phoenix for the weekend
- 22 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 23 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 24 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 25 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds