My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 2 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 3 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 4 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 5 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 6 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 7 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 8 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 9 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 10 Kid School Admission
- 11 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 12 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 13 NYC hotel/July
- 14 Boston to see Sargent works
- 15 Southern Alabama trip report
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 18 New York City-New Things?
- 19 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 20 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 21 Alaska Trip Planning
- 22 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 23 Atlanta to LA
- 24 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 25 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??