My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 2 Hotels Philly
- 3 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 4 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 5 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 6 Green Flea in NYC
- 7 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 8 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 9 Orlando in March
- 10 New England September
- 11 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 14 Cross Country RV Trip
- 15 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 18 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 19 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 22 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 23 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 24 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ