My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
- 1 hotel near Met NYC
- 2 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 3 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 4 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 5 Savanah Sojourn
- 6 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 7 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 8 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 9 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 10 pa to az
- 11 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 12 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 13 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 14 RIP Judy Rogers
- 15 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 16 Princeville in January
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 22 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 23 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 24 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 25 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life