My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 2 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 3 http://www.supplementsbag.com/nu-youth-cream/
- 4 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 5 Four Seasons Austin HALF-OFF
- 6 http://www.supplementsbag.com/dermavie/
- 7 http://topmuscleuptips.com/lumitact-g700-tactical-military-led-flashlight/
- 8 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 10 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 11 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 12 a tourist in DC this February
- 13 Springtime in Florida
- 14 Kings and Sequoia.
- 15 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 16 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 17 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 18 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 19 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 22 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 23 USA October 2016
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Redwood National Forest