My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Miami airport--safety??
- 3 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 6 US whole month of January where to
- 7 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 8 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 9 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 10 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 11 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 12 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 13 Recent Spam Attacks
- 14 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 15 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 16 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 17 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 18 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 19 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 20 Baltimore Weekend
- 21 Dinosaur National Monument
- 22 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 23 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 24 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 25 Things to do in Toronto