My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 3 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 4 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 5 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 6 Road Trip SW
- 7 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 8 Chicago trip
- 9 NYC IN AUGUST
- 10 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 11 culpepper
- 12 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 13 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 14 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 15 Fancy dining
- 16 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 17 Will have five days in Savannah
- 18 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 19 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 20 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 21 Itinerary opinions
- 22 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 23 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip