My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 2 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 3 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 4 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 5 Visting a friend during layover
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 8 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 9 florida gulf coast
- 10 Road trip advice needed please
- 11 Chicago restaurants
- 12 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 13 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 14 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 15 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 Newark long term parking
- 18 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 19 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 20 Help plan my trip please
- 21 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 22 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 23 Maui, early August
- 24 Going to the sun road open
- 25 Family Trip advice please?!