My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Portland and Seattle - Public Transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Alaska
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 10 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 19 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 20 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 24 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 25 Laguna Beach, what to do