My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 2 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 3 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 4 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 5 Reagan Library
- 6 US Open Tennis
- 7 Hawaii with limited time
- 8 Southern history- walkable cities
- 9 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Steamboat in August
- 12 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 13 Hotels in San Diego
- 14 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 15 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 16 Cape cod Labor Day
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 19 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 20 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 21 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 24 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 25 Grand Teton Questions