My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 6 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Trinity Site, NM
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 12 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California