My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 United Nations tours
- 4 Amish
- 5 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 6 national/state park in November
- 7 Cross Country NH to WA
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 10 Road trip October
- 11 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 12 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 Road Trip
- 15 2 months in Hawaii!
- 16 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 17 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 18 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 19 San Fransisco hotel
- 20 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 21 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 22 best binocular for travel
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 24 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 25 Seattle Hotels