Just in my planning stages now for trip in either September or October. Never been to OR or WA and would like to spend time in both. San Francisco mentioned purely related to driving up (or down) the coast. If it makes more sense to just split a week between Portland and Seattle, that works too. I'm not going to be hiking - can't physically handle it anymore. Interests are entertainment (blues music especially), theatre, driving scenic routes, finding little hole in the wall adventures/restaurants, wine, small town fairs/carnivals, art exhibits, craft fairs, good local food, good hotels - not necessarily pricey and historic all the better. Basically, I like to wander and stumble across little treasures to remember. Checking into some info now but looking for opinions - what do you folks in Oregon and Washington believe are the "stand-outs" for your state?
Planning stages - Seattle, Portland, San Francisco?
- 1 Updates from Hanalei
- 2 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 3 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 4 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 5 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 6 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 7 Blue ridge parkway
- 8 One day in NYC
- 9 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 10 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 11 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 12 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 13 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 14 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 15 Minnesota State Fair
- 16 Trying To Find a Place
- 17 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 18 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 19 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 20 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 21 Logan Express
- 22 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 23 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 24 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 25 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights