Just in my planning stages now for trip in either September or October. Never been to OR or WA and would like to spend time in both. San Francisco mentioned purely related to driving up (or down) the coast. If it makes more sense to just split a week between Portland and Seattle, that works too. I'm not going to be hiking - can't physically handle it anymore. Interests are entertainment (blues music especially), theatre, driving scenic routes, finding little hole in the wall adventures/restaurants, wine, small town fairs/carnivals, art exhibits, craft fairs, good local food, good hotels - not necessarily pricey and historic all the better. Basically, I like to wander and stumble across little treasures to remember. Checking into some info now but looking for opinions - what do you folks in Oregon and Washington believe are the "stand-outs" for your state?
Planning stages - Seattle, Portland, San Francisco?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Richmond highlights?
- 4 Broadway this week
- 5 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 Weekend in NYC
- 12 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 13 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 16 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 17 New York, New York...
- 18 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 19 trains in Europe
- 20 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 21 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 22 USA trip
- 23 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 24 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 25 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report