Just in my planning stages now for trip in either September or October. Never been to OR or WA and would like to spend time in both. San Francisco mentioned purely related to driving up (or down) the coast. If it makes more sense to just split a week between Portland and Seattle, that works too. I'm not going to be hiking - can't physically handle it anymore. Interests are entertainment (blues music especially), theatre, driving scenic routes, finding little hole in the wall adventures/restaurants, wine, small town fairs/carnivals, art exhibits, craft fairs, good local food, good hotels - not necessarily pricey and historic all the better. Basically, I like to wander and stumble across little treasures to remember. Checking into some info now but looking for opinions - what do you folks in Oregon and Washington believe are the "stand-outs" for your state?
Planning stages - Seattle, Portland, San Francisco?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!