Just in my planning stages now for trip in either September or October. Never been to OR or WA and would like to spend time in both. San Francisco mentioned purely related to driving up (or down) the coast. If it makes more sense to just split a week between Portland and Seattle, that works too. I'm not going to be hiking - can't physically handle it anymore. Interests are entertainment (blues music especially), theatre, driving scenic routes, finding little hole in the wall adventures/restaurants, wine, small town fairs/carnivals, art exhibits, craft fairs, good local food, good hotels - not necessarily pricey and historic all the better. Basically, I like to wander and stumble across little treasures to remember. Checking into some info now but looking for opinions - what do you folks in Oregon and Washington believe are the "stand-outs" for your state?
Planning stages - Seattle, Portland, San Francisco?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy iPhone 5S gold,PS4,iPad AIR,Galaxy S4,Xperia Z1,BB Q0,Z10
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Key Largo, FL
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Death Valley in June
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit