I'll be spending a month studying at ASU in Boone this summer. I won't have a car, and I'm wondering if that is going to seriously limit my mobility. How is the public transportation in Boone? Will I be able to get out and see anything off campus, or will I essentially be stranded?
If you have any recommendations for must-visit sites, restaurants, bars, etc. I'd love to hear those, as well. I'm an English professor in my early 30s, I love to hike and bike and roller skate, and I'll only know one other professor in my program, so I imagine I'll be doing much of my traveling around Boone solo. As for dining recs, I'll eat anything!
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 2 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 3 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 5 Recent Spam Attacks
- 6 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 7 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 8 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 9 Eastern Seaboard
- 10 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 11 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 12 Miami airport--safety??
- 13 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 14 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 15 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 16 US whole month of January where to
- 17 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 18 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 19 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 20 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 21 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 22 Cleveland West Side Market
- 23 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 24 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 25 Maui - luau question