I'll be spending a month studying at ASU in Boone this summer. I won't have a car, and I'm wondering if that is going to seriously limit my mobility. How is the public transportation in Boone? Will I be able to get out and see anything off campus, or will I essentially be stranded?
If you have any recommendations for must-visit sites, restaurants, bars, etc. I'd love to hear those, as well. I'm an English professor in my early 30s, I love to hike and bike and roller skate, and I'll only know one other professor in my program, so I imagine I'll be doing much of my traveling around Boone solo. As for dining recs, I'll eat anything!
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help from a true New Yorker.
- 2 Alaska -public transport
- 3 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 4 Alaska independent tour for group
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Washington DC with kids
- 7 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 8 Hamilton Broadway
- 9 Google sniper 3.0 review
- 10 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 17 Trip to northern California
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 First Trip to Texas -
- 20 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 21 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 22 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 23 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 24 Sedona for a Month
- 25 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June