I'll be spending a month studying at ASU in Boone this summer. I won't have a car, and I'm wondering if that is going to seriously limit my mobility. How is the public transportation in Boone? Will I be able to get out and see anything off campus, or will I essentially be stranded?
If you have any recommendations for must-visit sites, restaurants, bars, etc. I'd love to hear those, as well. I'm an English professor in my early 30s, I love to hike and bike and roller skate, and I'll only know one other professor in my program, so I imagine I'll be doing much of my traveling around Boone solo. As for dining recs, I'll eat anything!
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii and...where?
- 2 Am I a good girl? What even is a good girl?
- 3 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 4 Am I a good girl? What even is a good girl?
- 5 Am I a good girl? What even is a good girl?
- 6 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 7 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 8 Christmas in Colorado
- 9 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 10 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 11 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 12 usa roadtrip
- 13 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 14 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 15 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 16 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 17 Marfa/Big Bend
- 18 DC Restaurants
- 19 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 20 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 21 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 22 JFK to Washington
- 23 Phoenix for the weekend
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th