I'll be spending a month studying at ASU in Boone this summer. I won't have a car, and I'm wondering if that is going to seriously limit my mobility. How is the public transportation in Boone? Will I be able to get out and see anything off campus, or will I essentially be stranded?
If you have any recommendations for must-visit sites, restaurants, bars, etc. I'd love to hear those, as well. I'm an English professor in my early 30s, I love to hike and bike and roller skate, and I'll only know one other professor in my program, so I imagine I'll be doing much of my traveling around Boone solo. As for dining recs, I'll eat anything!
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 2 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 3 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 4 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 5 Boston area hotels
- 6 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 7 Miami for 2 days
- 8 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 9 Great Falls or Helena?
- 10 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 11 What to request?
- 12 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 13 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 14 What to see in Portland
- 15 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!
- 16 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 17 How much cash do you travel with?
- 18 More problems for Big Sur
- 19 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 20 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 21 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 22 two moms with 2 kids to visit New Orleans
- 23 Rules of the NY Subway
- 24 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 25 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.