I'll be spending a month studying at ASU in Boone this summer. I won't have a car, and I'm wondering if that is going to seriously limit my mobility. How is the public transportation in Boone? Will I be able to get out and see anything off campus, or will I essentially be stranded?
If you have any recommendations for must-visit sites, restaurants, bars, etc. I'd love to hear those, as well. I'm an English professor in my early 30s, I love to hike and bike and roller skate, and I'll only know one other professor in my program, so I imagine I'll be doing much of my traveling around Boone solo. As for dining recs, I'll eat anything!
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 2 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 3 Page, AZ area
- 4 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 5 Yellowstone
- 6 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 7 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 8 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 9 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 10 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 11 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 12 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 13 Traveling Alone
- 14 Northern California Redwoods
- 15 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 16 Redwoods National Park
- 17 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 18 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 21 New Mexico in May
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 New Years Eve in NYC
- 24 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 25 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report