I'll be spending a month studying at ASU in Boone this summer. I won't have a car, and I'm wondering if that is going to seriously limit my mobility. How is the public transportation in Boone? Will I be able to get out and see anything off campus, or will I essentially be stranded?
If you have any recommendations for must-visit sites, restaurants, bars, etc. I'd love to hear those, as well. I'm an English professor in my early 30s, I love to hike and bike and roller skate, and I'll only know one other professor in my program, so I imagine I'll be doing much of my traveling around Boone solo. As for dining recs, I'll eat anything!
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 4 Inexpensive family getaways
- 5 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 6 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 7 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 8 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 9 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 10 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 12 Driving cross country tips
- 13 Help with first time
- 14 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 15 Atlanta Airport
- 16 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 17 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 18 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 19 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 20 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 21 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 22 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 23 Discounted Rental Car?
- 24 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 25 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest