I'm planning a trip to Niagara Falls and will be staying on the Canadian side north of the Falls (near downtown). I'm taking a morning Amtrak out of Niagara Falls, NY though, so need to get myself from the Canadian side to the NY station at around 6 am on a Sunday morning. Due to the distances I'll need to take a taxi anyway (at least on the NY side). It seems like it would be easiest to take a cab from my hotel across the border and to the station vs. walking across. Has anyone ever done that kind of thing? It looks like you can get cabs/limos to/from Buffalo airport so I'm guessing it is also possible to take one locally across the border, but wasn't sure if I could just call for any cab that morning or if this was something that usually needed to be arranged beforehand. Also, any idea whether it's easier/cheaper/possible to get a US vs. Canadian cab?
Niagara Falls Border Without a Car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 4 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 5 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 6 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 7 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 12 Washington, DC to Boston
- 13 New Orleans Weekend
- 14 Phoenix restaurants
- 15 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 16 San Diego Trip Report
- 17 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 18 rain in Kauai
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 21 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 22 WISCONSIN
- 23 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions