Reload this Page >

Transportation from Buffalo, NY to Niagra Falls, Canada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Elaine

I hope someone can help me. My husband and I have free airline tickets and we will be flying into Buffalo, NY in Sept. We will be spending a few days there and would then like to travel to Niagara Falls for a few days. Besides renting a car are there any other transportation options available that could be cost effective???
Thanks

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Cheryl

Check out the Buffalo/Niagara airport website (ground transportation section) at:

http://NFTA.com/airport/transportation.phtml

There are many taxi/limo/shuttle options to choose from.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Cheryl

Oops...I just read that you're going to be spending a few days in Buffalo before heading to the Falls. Therefore, transportation from the airport to the Falls doesn't really apply here.

In that case, taking a cab is probably your best bet; however, I would check with your hotel in Buffalo for information on the most cost-effective way to go. (Actually, you can probably take Amtrak or Greyhound, but I still think a cab is the best way - it's only a 14 mile ride).

Hope this helps.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Elaine

Cheryl,
Do you know how much a taxi would cost?? Since we don't have a hotel yet in Buffalo let say from the airport to Courtyard Marriot Niagara Falls, Canada.
Thanks so much

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Rachel

I'm not sure what you're planning on doing in buffalo or where you're staying, but public transportation is lousy here. To get around buffalo you will be cabbing it (and cabs just dont hang around on streets-you have to phone to get them except at the airport) or renting a car.Renting a car for the duration of your trip is probably the best option. Driving is painless here in the buffalo area (except when we're hit with a few feet of snow which shouldn't happen in Sept). Nothing is too far, parking costs are minimal and traffic at it's worse is not bad. If you rent a car, just make sure the company will allow you to take it to Canada

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Rachel

Another thought-you may wish to detour from Niagara Falls to Niagara on the Lake, a beautigul Canadian town not too far from buffalo or Niagara Falls. It has lovely shops, restaurants, and hotels and The Shaw Theatre- great live productions and it may still be operating in Sept. You can easily see everything you want in Niagara Falls in one day and then move on to NOTL

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Cheryl

Elaine, I checked on a cab from downtown to Niag. Falls, Ontario and it's $55 one way (would be about the same from the airport).

I'd check out some of the shuttles on the website I gave you in my earlier post and see if you can find something a little less expensive.

I'm not sure about driving a rental into Canada. You would really have to call a car rental co. or a travel agent for that info. You really don't need to get a car if you're staying in downtown Buffalo. With the exception of one or two places, anything you would want to do or see is within walking distance, bus, or cab distance.

If you'd like to provide more info. I will gladly help you out. Have fun.