We are driving from our home in NH to Raleigh NC and want to avoid tolls if it does not add a lot of drive time. We also want to spend the first night about 7 hours into the trip since we have young children. Any suggestions on a great online map source for trip planning since Mapquest is not the best and on Google maps I cannot figure out how to avoid tolls. Tips on where to stay the first night would be very helpful and consider we need a hotel in a very safe area. We will be staying at the Hampton Raleigh/Cary once we arrive. Suggestions for restaurants that are local favorites would be great! Thanks!
NH to NC avoid tolls
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 2 Where to from Tampa?
- 3 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 4 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 5 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 6 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 7 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 8 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 9 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Is the New York subway safe?
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 22 Skiing New Mexico
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014