My wife and I are late planning our winter vacation this year. We are thinking of making a lst minute travel plans to New Mexico. Need your help with itinerary planning and places to visit in 7-9 days. We love hiking (not too long), scenary, wildlife and ejoying the local culture.
Based on my prelimary research I found that I can fly to Albuquerque and then spent couple days in the area and visit to Sante Fe and Taos (Gorge bridge, enchanted circle drive, Taos Pueblo). Then go south to Roswell (Bitter lake refuge, bottemless lake) and Carlsbad (caverns national park).
What do you think? Will the weatehr be too cold to do all this and are we doing a lot in too few days?
We are open to ideas and suggetions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 6 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 7 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 8 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 9 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 10 Northern California Redwoods
- 11 Seaside, California
- 12 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 13 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 14 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 15 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 16 Denali
- 17 JFK Terminal 8
- 18 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 19 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 20 Maine in May?
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 22 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 23 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 24 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 25 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?