My wife and I are late planning our winter vacation this year. We are thinking of making a lst minute travel plans to New Mexico. Need your help with itinerary planning and places to visit in 7-9 days. We love hiking (not too long), scenary, wildlife and ejoying the local culture.
Based on my prelimary research I found that I can fly to Albuquerque and then spent couple days in the area and visit to Sante Fe and Taos (Gorge bridge, enchanted circle drive, Taos Pueblo). Then go south to Roswell (Bitter lake refuge, bottemless lake) and Carlsbad (caverns national park).
What do you think? Will the weatehr be too cold to do all this and are we doing a lot in too few days?
We are open to ideas and suggetions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving dinner in Williamsburg
- 2 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 3 Seattle?
- 4 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 5 Family Beach Vacation in Belmar at the Jersey Shore
- 6 Trip to Cali Coast
- 7 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 8 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 9 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 10 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 11 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 12 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 13 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 14 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 15 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 16 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 17 30th Anniversary Hotel Key West
- 18 SF/LV/LA Itinerary Help
- 19 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 20 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 21 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 22 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 23 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 24 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 25 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW