My husband and I are planning a New England roadtrip for this October. We are especially looking forward to good seafood: oysters, lobsters, clam chowders... My husband prefers a coastal trip, and I do not mind seeing some leaves. We would like to stay at B&Bs, visit little towns, and eat eat eat. We have three full days and here are my questions. First, we are from Philly. Should we drive from Philly through New York and CT or is it wiser to fly to Boston and rent a car? Second, what is the best route: should we do Cape Cod or drive north to Portland, ME and further north to Acadia and then down driving on US-1, or is there an even better route you can suggest? What are some of the cities along the way that we should stop by? Thanks!
New England road trip for foodies
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 2 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 3 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 4 New York City-New Things?
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 7 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 8 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 9 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 10 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 11 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 12 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 13 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 17 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 18 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 NYC hotel/July
- 21 Boston to see Sargent works
- 22 Southern Alabama trip report
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning