My husband and I are planning a New England roadtrip for this October. We are especially looking forward to good seafood: oysters, lobsters, clam chowders... My husband prefers a coastal trip, and I do not mind seeing some leaves. We would like to stay at B&Bs, visit little towns, and eat eat eat. We have three full days and here are my questions. First, we are from Philly. Should we drive from Philly through New York and CT or is it wiser to fly to Boston and rent a car? Second, what is the best route: should we do Cape Cod or drive north to Portland, ME and further north to Acadia and then down driving on US-1, or is there an even better route you can suggest? What are some of the cities along the way that we should stop by? Thanks!
New England road trip for foodies
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 2 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 5 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 8 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 9 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 10 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 11 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 12 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 13 best area to stay in san diego
- 14 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 15 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 16 Two airports to choose from?
- 17 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 layover
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 21 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 22 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 23 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 24 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?