My husband and I are planning a summer trip from Philly to new england with 2 small children (4&6) who love the beach. We have been to MV and enjoyed it, but are having trouble finding a house rental and are not crazy about staying in B&B's with kids. We have also been to Newport before children and loved it, but I forget if there is much beach fun there? Nantucket is too pricey and have heard Cape Cod is a little shabby in comparison? Any suggestions or other ideas on where to go north of PA but south of Maine? (We've been to Watch Hill, and Mystic already) Our budget is $2500. At this point I'm thinking of just going to the Carribean! Thanks
New England - Newport or Martha's Vineyard with small children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 2 Driving from coastal Maine to St. Gaudens Historical Site, Cornish NH
- 3 Philadelphia ?
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 6 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 7 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 8 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 9 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 10 Hawaii
- 11 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 12 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 13 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 LV-Zion-Bryce-GC trip: itenerary help
- 16 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 17 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 18 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 19 River Cafe
- 20 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 21 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 22 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 23 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 24 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 25 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)