My husband and I are planning a summer trip from Philly to new england with 2 small children (4&6) who love the beach. We have been to MV and enjoyed it, but are having trouble finding a house rental and are not crazy about staying in B&B's with kids. We have also been to Newport before children and loved it, but I forget if there is much beach fun there? Nantucket is too pricey and have heard Cape Cod is a little shabby in comparison? Any suggestions or other ideas on where to go north of PA but south of Maine? (We've been to Watch Hill, and Mystic already) Our budget is $2500. At this point I'm thinking of just going to the Carribean! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 2 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 3 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 4 A Week in New York City
- 5 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 6 New York City Christmas 2015
- 7 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 8 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 9 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 10 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 11 Inflatable kayaks--pros and cons
- 12 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 13 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 14 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 15 Yosemite Visit
- 16 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 17 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 18 Best route to Cody?
- 19 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 20 Florida Family vacation in California
- 21 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 22 50th in Hawaii
- 23 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 24 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 25 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
New England - Newport or Martha's Vineyard with small children