This B&B was a major disappointment. The house is in the process of renovation and still needs a lot of work (peeling paint, stained wallpaper, leaking roof has tarp over one area, etc.). There is a general feeling of dust and poor cleanliness about the entire house. For example, my room had an old area carpet that I hesitated to walk on with bare feet. The shared bath has an old linoleum floor and carpet for a bathmat that is not likely washed between patrons. We received no individual soaps or shampoos, but were invited by owers to use toiletries on a shelf. Bottles were sticky, old and partly filled so used by prior guests. The only bar of soap was open and used. The shower had a pump bottle of body wash that was refilled as needed. The porch floor is very dirty with peeling paint, some of the chairs are soiled and all are very old with some of the wicker in disrepair. Owners attempted 'gourmet' breakfasts but eggs benedict was completely runny (way beyond over easy) and lukewarm. Juices were warm so tasted very watery when ice was added. Adeline's room promises private bath online, but the bathroom door was locked so guest had to use the shared bath in the hallway. Lightbulbs were missing or out everywhere so I had to turn on the light in the unoccupied room across the hall to see my way to the hall BR at nite. No lights to illuminate a dark stairway to bedrooms. Only one room had a smoke alarm and the battery was hanging down so it was not operational. No housekeeping services were provided over the 3 nites we stayed- beds remained unmade and no fresh towels. Price was $95-110 for shared bath and more for the room with private bath and rusty tub. Way too much cost for this property. The property is for sale and it appears that the owners have lost interest in running this B&B. I highly advise looking elsewhere.
Marquis Manor in Crisfield, MD is major disappointment!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 3 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 6 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 7 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 8 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 9 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 10 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 12 Best places to move to Florida?
- 13 Juneau May 8th
- 14 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 17 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 20 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 21 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 24 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 25 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona