We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Phases Truck and Auto Repair Colorado Springs
- 2 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 3 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 4 Las Vegas trip report
- 5 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 6 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 7 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 8 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 9 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 10 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 11 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 12 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 13 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 14 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 15 10 Days in Maine
- 16 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 17 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 18 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 19 sugestions
- 20 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 21 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 22 Miami for 2 days
- 23 More problems for Big Sur
- 24 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 25 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?