We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 3 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 4 Florida Beach Hotel
- 5 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 6 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 7 Washington DC with kids
- 8 My road trip through southern US.
- 9 Late night eating in Kauai
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 13 Florida Nature Trip
- 14 help from a true New Yorker.
- 15 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 16 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 19 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 20 Safety Concerns
- 21 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 22 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 23 Alaska independent tour for group
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 5 days in Colorado
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?