We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 2 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 3 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 4 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 5 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 6 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 7 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 8 New York City Christmas 2015
- 9 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 10 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 11 Philadelphia to Boston
- 12 Advice on tipping
- 13 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 14 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 15 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 16 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 17 A Week in New York City
- 18 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 19 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 20 Inflatable kayaks--pros and cons
- 21 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 22 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 23 Yosemite Visit
- 24 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 25 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?