We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 2 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 3 Farewell from Ira
- 4 Pacific coast road trip
- 5 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 8 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 9 chicago to hibbing
- 10 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 11 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 12 Arlington Hotels
- 13 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 14 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 15 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 16 Cabin rental in march
- 17 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 18 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 19 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 20 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 21 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 22 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI
- 23 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 24 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 25 Where to stay in Missoula?
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?