We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 2 Angels Landing
- 3 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 4 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 5 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 6 First Time to California
- 7 San Francisco and Napa
- 8 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 9 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 10 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 11 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 12 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 13 California RV baby and child seats
- 14 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 15 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 16 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 17 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 18 car rentals in San Diego
- 19 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 20 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 21 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 22 First time visit to California
- 23 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 24 NY State Assembly Internship
- 25 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?