We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 2 Camping Generator!?
- 3 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 5 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 6 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 7 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 8 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 9 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 10 New York City-New Things?
- 11 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 14 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 15 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 16 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 19 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 DC - WW2 flyover
- 22 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 23 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 24 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 25 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,