We are planning a last minute trip to ME, arriving Portland on Saturday, June 8th and leaving from Bangor on the 18th.
Does anyone have any information on this year's black fly season? Maine Nature News reports and map seem to suggest that there is not much activity right now which might mean misery by the time we are biking in Acadia around the 14th. Can anyone provide some current information?
I need to buy these flights today, if we are going to go for it.
Maine from June 8-18th; how are the black flies this year?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 middlebury vt snow
- 5 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 6 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 7 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 8 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 9 Miami Marlins
- 10 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 11 Charleston, SC help
- 12 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 13 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 14 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 17 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 20 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 21 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 Self guided White House tour
- 24 Northwest USA
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!