My wife and I will be in the Mt. Rushmore area for a week next summer. What would be the more centrally located town to stay in? Also, what would be the best month? We are interested mainly in scenery and wildlife. We are interested in birding and would like to visit some potholes where waterfowl are nesting. And we want to see some prairies where we can see antelope, grouse, etc. Thanks! My email is: mike firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to email me since I'll probably have additional questions.
lodging in SW SD
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?