My wife and I will be in the Mt. Rushmore area for a week next summer. What would be the more centrally located town to stay in? Also, what would be the best month? We are interested mainly in scenery and wildlife. We are interested in birding and would like to visit some potholes where waterfowl are nesting. And we want to see some prairies where we can see antelope, grouse, etc. Thanks! My email is: mike firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to email me since I'll probably have additional questions.
lodging in SW SD
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Trip Report
- 2 Washington, DC to Boston
- 3 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 6 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 7 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 12 rain in Kauai
- 13 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 16 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 17 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 18 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 19 Phoenix restaurants
- 20 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 21 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 22 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 25 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days