My family is going to be staying in Vail for a week in early February. We have a 3 1/2-year-old and a 2-year-old. We plan on doing some ski school for the older child and some daycare for the younger child. For parts of the trip we'll be joined by various family members, including a 6 year old niece. We're staying in a condo in Lionshead right at the base of the gondola. We don't plan to rent a car.
A few questions:
(1) I'm trying to figure out whether to rent a jogging stroller while we're there. We will be bringing a double umbrella stroller for the airport, but it's difficult to maneuver and not very comfortable. I expect that we'll be riding the in-town shuttle a lot. How big and how crowded are the shuttles? If I rent a double jogging stroller (they're huge!) will I be able to take it on the shuttle? If not, how about a single jogging stroller? Or do I need to have a small stroller than can really fold up for the shuttle ride?
(2) I've come up with some non-ski activities for the kiddos, but would love to hear what you all would do with little kids in Vail. FYI they're both too little for the tubing at Adventure Ridge (which looks awsome) or for a dog sled ride. I plan to try snow shoeing (more about that below). Is there somewhere we can rent or buy a basic sled and sled down a small hill? Anywhere to do a horse drawn sleigh ride that's during the day? Anywhere up the mountain we can go other than Adventure Ridge? I've found some story times at the library and we'll definitely check out the children's museum.
(3) I think showshoeing sounds great because we can pull the kids in a sled or try them out on their own snow shoes. It looks like we can go to the Nordic Center at the golf course to try this out, or go on a trail from the Discovery Center up the mountain. I picture both of these options being very grommed, and not very natural. Is that right? Where would you suggest going that's more in the wilderness? Should we just hire a guide for a 1/2 day trip?
I appreciate any advice you can give, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 detla Reservation +1(855) 205-4069 number
- 2 Giovanni Designs - Home Remodeling Contractors Dallas TX
- 3 Hawaiian airlines Reservation +1(855) 205-4069 number
- 4 One of the best Trekking agency in Nepal
- 5 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 6 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 7 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 8 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 9 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 10 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 11 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 12 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 13 Long-Term parking options New Orleans Airport
- 14 Nome, AK to Serpentine Hot Springs in the Bering Land Bridge NP
- 15 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 16 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 17 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 18 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 19 Colorado itinerary
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 22 Hawaii wedding
- 23 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 24 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 25 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
Little Kids in Vail - questions about strollers, activities and showshoeing