We are a family of four (kids will be 8 1/2 and nearly 5 by time of trip) traveling from Ohio by car late June to early July. Kids travel well in the car. Our primary destinations are the Portland, ME area and Newport, RI. We have a budget of about $150 per night for a hotel. This is my tentative itinerary: first night in Albany, NY to crash after 10 hours on the road. Continue next day through VT via Route 9 then to NH either through Concord or Manchester before reaching ME. If there is anything interesting to do on this route between Albany and ME, please let me know. We wouldn't be opposed to a 2-3 hour side trip on day 2. We will most likely be staying at the Comfort Suites in Biddeford, ME due to their amenities (pool), price and availibility. We were thinking 6 nights--is this too much? We want to see Cape Elizabeth, several lighthouses, Portland kids museum and of course the Aquaboggan waterpark and Old Orchard Beach. Is Biddeford a good central location to do these activities? We have a reservation to spend the night in the Rose Island Lighthouse in Newport on 7/5 and were thinking of driving from ME to Newport early that day. Probably spend another night in the Newport area on the 6th before the long haul home on the 7th. We all enjoy biking, hiking, boating.
Input needed for itinerary to Maine and Rhode Island
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 2 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 3 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 4 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 5 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 6 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 7 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 10 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 11 California
- 12 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 13 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Cross Country RV Trip
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 20 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 21 Texas
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ