We are a family of four (kids will be 8 1/2 and nearly 5 by time of trip) traveling from Ohio by car late June to early July. Kids travel well in the car. Our primary destinations are the Portland, ME area and Newport, RI. We have a budget of about $150 per night for a hotel. This is my tentative itinerary: first night in Albany, NY to crash after 10 hours on the road. Continue next day through VT via Route 9 then to NH either through Concord or Manchester before reaching ME. If there is anything interesting to do on this route between Albany and ME, please let me know. We wouldn't be opposed to a 2-3 hour side trip on day 2. We will most likely be staying at the Comfort Suites in Biddeford, ME due to their amenities (pool), price and availibility. We were thinking 6 nights--is this too much? We want to see Cape Elizabeth, several lighthouses, Portland kids museum and of course the Aquaboggan waterpark and Old Orchard Beach. Is Biddeford a good central location to do these activities? We have a reservation to spend the night in the Rose Island Lighthouse in Newport on 7/5 and were thinking of driving from ME to Newport early that day. Probably spend another night in the Newport area on the 6th before the long haul home on the 7th. We all enjoy biking, hiking, boating.
Input needed for itinerary to Maine and Rhode Island
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 3 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Universal studios/Orlando
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 14 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 15 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 16 Alaska
- 17 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 18 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 19 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 20 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 21 San Diego parks and attractions
- 22 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 23 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 24 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 25 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations