We are a family of four (kids will be 8 1/2 and nearly 5 by time of trip) traveling from Ohio by car late June to early July. Kids travel well in the car. Our primary destinations are the Portland, ME area and Newport, RI. We have a budget of about $150 per night for a hotel. This is my tentative itinerary: first night in Albany, NY to crash after 10 hours on the road. Continue next day through VT via Route 9 then to NH either through Concord or Manchester before reaching ME. If there is anything interesting to do on this route between Albany and ME, please let me know. We wouldn't be opposed to a 2-3 hour side trip on day 2. We will most likely be staying at the Comfort Suites in Biddeford, ME due to their amenities (pool), price and availibility. We were thinking 6 nights--is this too much? We want to see Cape Elizabeth, several lighthouses, Portland kids museum and of course the Aquaboggan waterpark and Old Orchard Beach. Is Biddeford a good central location to do these activities? We have a reservation to spend the night in the Rose Island Lighthouse in Newport on 7/5 and were thinking of driving from ME to Newport early that day. Probably spend another night in the Newport area on the 6th before the long haul home on the 7th. We all enjoy biking, hiking, boating.
Input needed for itinerary to Maine and Rhode Island
View all United States activity »
- 1 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 2 Judo in California?
- 3 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 6 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 7 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 8 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 Madison Square Garden
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 15 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 16 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 17 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 18 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 19 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 22 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 25 St. Augustine, Florida