We are planning our honeymoon for February and are looking for any suggestions for things we must see/do/stay/eat etc!
We are in Australia so I'd like to be able to book as much as I can myself to save agents fees. We love good food, wine, anything outdoors, history, art, music...the list goes on so I'm open to all ideas!
So far we know we'll have around 5 weeks maybe more depending on how much we want to jam in
Here's what I have so far:
New York 2 nights? Broadway, art gallery, fancy dinner?
Self drive Blues tour 11 days across the south, Route 66, Memphis, Nashville all the standards, maybe a couple of extra nights in New Orleans for Mardi gras? Ending in Vegas for 2-3 nights, see a show, VIP pool, waste precious money on the tables
Then I really want to stay in a romantic, secluded log cabin for maybe 5 days and just chill and spend time together, bush walks, nice dinners, hot tubs I'm thinking colorado? Would we drive from Vegas or fly? Where is best in colorado (or any other state) for this kind of thing and is there still snow in feb (my fiancé has never seen snow so I'm hoping there is!)
Then I'm kinda stuck for where else to go.. But I want to end the trip relaxing again on a beach, maybe Mexico?
Sorry for the long post! Any help is appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 2 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 3 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 4 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 5 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 6 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 9 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 10 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 11 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 12 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 13 Summer trip
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 16 Florida keys trip
- 17 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 18 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 21 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 22 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 23 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 24 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 25 SF special dinner for 70 birthday