Finally getting to go to California......a little later than planned but excited, nevertheless. Flying into SF, renting a car, then heading south to Monterey for 3 days, then down to Paso Robles for 2 days (near Cambria) to see Heart castle, elephant seals, wineries, then over to Yosemite Lodge At The Falls for 2 nights, then back to San Francisco for 4 nights. Tried to reserve a Green Room at Yosemite Lodge but was advised only 2 green rooms on the whole property and none were available. Can anyone recommend a building that has been renovated and is pleasant?. Read a lot of negative comments about old tired rooms. Also, any other suggestions for must see sites or restaurants, would be very welcome. Have booked Alcatraz Tour in SF, Heart Castle in Cambria and planning on the Aquarium in Monterey.
Heading to California on Thursday
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 2 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Alaska
- 8 San Diego grocery stores
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 13 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 18 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona