Finally getting to go to California......a little later than planned but excited, nevertheless. Flying into SF, renting a car, then heading south to Monterey for 3 days, then down to Paso Robles for 2 days (near Cambria) to see Heart castle, elephant seals, wineries, then over to Yosemite Lodge At The Falls for 2 nights, then back to San Francisco for 4 nights. Tried to reserve a Green Room at Yosemite Lodge but was advised only 2 green rooms on the whole property and none were available. Can anyone recommend a building that has been renovated and is pleasant?. Read a lot of negative comments about old tired rooms. Also, any other suggestions for must see sites or restaurants, would be very welcome. Have booked Alcatraz Tour in SF, Heart Castle in Cambria and planning on the Aquarium in Monterey.
Heading to California on Thursday
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 2 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 3 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 7 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Kennedy Space Center
- 14 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014