DH and I are going to spend a week in Cape Coral, adjacent to Ft Myers, winter home of the Boston Red Sox, our reason for going. Sort of. We are looking for ideas for day trips that bring us to preserves or state parks with walking trails. We are familiar with the DingDarling Wildlife Preserve, and similar sites, and we are wiling to venture further in order to see more of FL's parks and wildlife. For example, is the northern part of the Everglades something we can aim to visit in a day trip? Does anyone know of other day-trip type locations for hikes/walks/wildlife viewing, different from what I see here in Boston, (ha)? Thanks
Ft Myers as base for exploration of the wildlife and hiking variety?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando