My hubby and I are from north central Texas and will be exhibiting at 3 craft shows in South Carolina and Virginia in March 2013 (Craftsmen's Classics). We will leave our hotel in Richmond, VA on Monday, March 11 and return for another show in Chantilly, VA on Wednesday, March 20. During the time between shows, we would like to take see historical sights in Philadelphia, get the best cheesesteak in Philly, observe the Amish way of life in Lancaster, and then see Mt. Vernon and other monuments and points of interest in WDC on our way back to Chantilly. We're thinking we might need a private tour guide in Philly and WDC. We're in our sixties and can walk and climb steps, but we don't have a lot of endurance. We're wondering whether we should book several different hotels, or book one to use as a home base for the area. What do u think? We could really use help planning. The more info, the better. Thanks!
From Richmond, VA to Philadelphia, Lancaster, PA to WDC - tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How To Looks Fine
- 2 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 3 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 6 Hana from the aiport
- 7 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 12 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 13 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 14 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 15 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 16 from Moab to Bryce
- 17 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 18 San Diego-Hotel
- 19 Los Angeles day trips
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 22 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 23 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 24 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 25 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway