My hubby and I are from north central Texas and will be exhibiting at 3 craft shows in South Carolina and Virginia in March 2013 (Craftsmen's Classics). We will leave our hotel in Richmond, VA on Monday, March 11 and return for another show in Chantilly, VA on Wednesday, March 20. During the time between shows, we would like to take see historical sights in Philadelphia, get the best cheesesteak in Philly, observe the Amish way of life in Lancaster, and then see Mt. Vernon and other monuments and points of interest in WDC on our way back to Chantilly. We're thinking we might need a private tour guide in Philly and WDC. We're in our sixties and can walk and climb steps, but we don't have a lot of endurance. We're wondering whether we should book several different hotels, or book one to use as a home base for the area. What do u think? We could really use help planning. The more info, the better. Thanks!
From Richmond, VA to Philadelphia, Lancaster, PA to WDC - tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 2 Self guided White House tour
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Northwest USA
- 5 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 6 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 7 Central Coast-California
- 8 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 9 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 10 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 11 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 Hotels Philly
- 14 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 15 Ackislander
- 16 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal