My hubby and I are from north central Texas and will be exhibiting at 3 craft shows in South Carolina and Virginia in March 2013 (Craftsmen's Classics). We will leave our hotel in Richmond, VA on Monday, March 11 and return for another show in Chantilly, VA on Wednesday, March 20. During the time between shows, we would like to take see historical sights in Philadelphia, get the best cheesesteak in Philly, observe the Amish way of life in Lancaster, and then see Mt. Vernon and other monuments and points of interest in WDC on our way back to Chantilly. We're thinking we might need a private tour guide in Philly and WDC. We're in our sixties and can walk and climb steps, but we don't have a lot of endurance. We're wondering whether we should book several different hotels, or book one to use as a home base for the area. What do u think? We could really use help planning. The more info, the better. Thanks!
From Richmond, VA to Philadelphia, Lancaster, PA to WDC - tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle Hyatts
- 2 ONP help
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Seattle: Something Different?
- 5 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 6 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 7 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 8 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 14 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 19 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 20 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 21 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 22 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 23 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 24 Road Tour in Usa
- 25 So you love handbags!