My hubby and I are from north central Texas and will be exhibiting at 3 craft shows in South Carolina and Virginia in March 2013 (Craftsmen's Classics). We will leave our hotel in Richmond, VA on Monday, March 11 and return for another show in Chantilly, VA on Wednesday, March 20. During the time between shows, we would like to take see historical sights in Philadelphia, get the best cheesesteak in Philly, observe the Amish way of life in Lancaster, and then see Mt. Vernon and other monuments and points of interest in WDC on our way back to Chantilly. We're thinking we might need a private tour guide in Philly and WDC. We're in our sixties and can walk and climb steps, but we don't have a lot of endurance. We're wondering whether we should book several different hotels, or book one to use as a home base for the area. What do u think? We could really use help planning. The more info, the better. Thanks!
From Richmond, VA to Philadelphia, Lancaster, PA to WDC - tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 5 Travel West Coast
- 6 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 7 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Wine Country Picnic
- 10 Washington DC Metro
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 Road trip through the south
- 13 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 Myrtle Beach
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving