My hubby and I are from north central Texas and will be exhibiting at 3 craft shows in South Carolina and Virginia in March 2013 (Craftsmen's Classics). We will leave our hotel in Richmond, VA on Monday, March 11 and return for another show in Chantilly, VA on Wednesday, March 20. During the time between shows, we would like to take see historical sights in Philadelphia, get the best cheesesteak in Philly, observe the Amish way of life in Lancaster, and then see Mt. Vernon and other monuments and points of interest in WDC on our way back to Chantilly. We're thinking we might need a private tour guide in Philly and WDC. We're in our sixties and can walk and climb steps, but we don't have a lot of endurance. We're wondering whether we should book several different hotels, or book one to use as a home base for the area. What do u think? We could really use help planning. The more info, the better. Thanks!
From Richmond, VA to Philadelphia, Lancaster, PA to WDC - tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san fran sightseeing
- 2 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 Boston in winter?
- 5 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 6 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 7 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 8 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 9 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 10 New York City in April
- 11 Baytown, Texas
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Moving from VA to CT
- 14 New Orleans pictures
- 15 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 16 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 17 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 18 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 22 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 25 Manhattan Marriott Property December