Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Few days in Museums
- 2 travelling from Miami to New York
- 3 4 days in Miami
- 4 I need help
- 5 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 6 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 7 Best octopus restaurant in NYC ?
- 8 Alaska Travel: Tips for finding fresh seafood
- 9 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 10 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 11 10 day California Trip in July
- 12 Travel Shenanigans
- 13 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 14 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 15 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 16 Newport Beach restaurants
- 17 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 18 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 19 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 20 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 21 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 22 Las Vegas TR
- 23 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 24 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas