We are starting to plan a trip to Hawaii for around 17 nights, arriving in very late 2014 (probably 29 December). We have two kids who will be 8 years old. I have been reading lots about Hawaii but just can't make a decision about where to visit.
After arriving in Oahu from Australia we will probably fly on to one of the other islands, and then finish with 7 nights in Waikiki. So, do we just see one island (plus Waikiki) or see a bit of two? I love the idea of Kauai (Na Pali Coast and Hanalei) but am concerned about the rough seas/weather. I think the boys like the idea of Volcanoes National Park, but I am not sure about the rest of the Big Island. We plan to swim, do a bit of snorkelling, take a boat trip, maybe do an ATV tour, and other kid friendly activities. Any assistance with a possible itinerary would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC Metro
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Dining in D.C.
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Kennebunkport and....?
- 7 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 8 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 9 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 14 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 15 Wedding in Hawaii
- 16 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 17 rain in Kauai
- 18 Alaska cruise and land
- 19 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 20 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 21 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 22 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 23 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 24 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 25 SF to DR? WTH!