First time visitors to Michigan next month. The segment above is what I need help with. Stopping one night in Traverse, two nights at Mackinaw City (and of course we will be hitting the island). Plan to visit Sleeping Bear Dunes/Pierce Stocking Drive, Petoskey for the stone beach, Charlevoix for the mushroom houses. What else would you recommend along the way? We like short hikes (1 to 2 miles), the best in scenery, interesting towns to walk around in. Then I realize we have the two peninsulas to consider! Would appreciate any suggestions of favorite spots.
Drive from Grand Haven to Traverse City; then Traverse to Mackinaw City
View all United States activity »
- 1 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 2 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 5 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 6 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Biloxi questions again
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 11 Madison Square Garden
- 12 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 23 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 24 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 25 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans