Our family ~ 10 adults is looking to spend 3 days around Christmas away from NYC. To avoid issues with snow, we thought of taking Amtrak north. We considered Quebec city but it is a pain to get to.
So we are thinking Vermont. We were is Woodstock last New Year's and it was deserted.
1) Beautiful Christmasy atmosphere
2) Activities (snow related - not big on skiing)
Thinking Montpelier, but could use some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 2 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 3 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 4 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 5 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 6 Miami
- 7 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 8 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 9 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 10 March in New Mexico
- 11 Driving Alaska
- 12 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 13 Back from the Big Easy
- 14 Border crossing
- 15 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 16 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 17 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 18 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 19 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 20 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 21 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 22 Cross country tips
- 23 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 24 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 25 Ideas for New York