Our family ~ 10 adults is looking to spend 3 days around Christmas away from NYC. To avoid issues with snow, we thought of taking Amtrak north. We considered Quebec city but it is a pain to get to.
So we are thinking Vermont. We were is Woodstock last New Year's and it was deserted.
1) Beautiful Christmasy atmosphere
2) Activities (snow related - not big on skiing)
Thinking Montpelier, but could use some suggestions,
Christmas, new england town: rail service to NYC
- 1 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 2 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 3 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 4 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 7 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 12 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 13 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 17 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 18 St. Augustine, Florida
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 21 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 22 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 23 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 24 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 25 Which Florida Key to snorkel?